panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-07
HHmmm... no comment... hhhmmm no comment!
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-10
phoenixrising:
>>Now panoweaver is obviously based upon Dersch's work, but has changed the overlap to 120 degrees instead of 180<<

It does appear Panoweaver is based on Dersch's work but Dersch's work doesn't specify the number of images. I have a question, since Panoweaver is based on Dersch's GPL code, shouldn't Panoweaver also be open source? Also, why hasn't Seaman made any statement saying there is no patent issue with panoweaver vs ipix?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-10
If you have ever tried Panoweaver and Pano tools, you will find that Panoweaver and Pano tools use totally different ways to stitch images. Pano tools stitch images by points without considering how the images is shot, whereas Panoweaver stitch images by adjusting the shooting errors (yaw, pitch, roll) automatically and manually. They are totally different.
To see is to believe
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-10
I never did try Panotools as it was off the air via Ip_x lawsuit. Furthermore it appears that Dersch's panotools was somewhat more difficult to use then Panoweaver, which is very easy to use. That Dersch's work is somewhat different to Panotools (points vs pitch,roll,yaw) could imply an improvement of the given base product. This though is not the point of content being voiced in this thread.
I just think it would clarify things for all thoses involved if SEAMAN would consider making a statement to easypano and Ip_x. Heh, even one saying that u're not sure would be great. It's better then silence or the above avaisiveness... (I get kinda uncomfortable when I feel that I ain't been given the whole hog... )
HHmmm...

Top_Photo: I know that Dersch didn't specify the number of pics for the hemi's but he implied the dual hemi picotosphere. Ip_x sell there prod as dual hemi... which was partialy why he got blasted. Badabooom!
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-11
You are right. The issue of the thread is about Ip x and if using Panoweaver violates any patents. It seems from Helmut's 160 degree limit that that is the issue and not the number of fisheyes. But Panoweaver doesn't have that limit and Easypano is silent on that issue. This worries me.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-11
Seaman,

I really want to get this software. I to use it commercially. I am based in Germany. My understanding is that Ip_x holds various patents in the US/Canada/Australia/Japan. These can be viewed under there legal notes.

Now.
1. Am I infringing on any ip_x patent when using ur software?
2. If so, do I circumnavigate their patents by publishing a 3pic sph.
3. Is there anybody else's patent that I'll be infringing upon?

I need to know this data as I intend to go on line with my work and sell the pics commercially. That ur product is different does little to nothing to clarify this issue. I don't want to be a pain in the butt or be one to stir up negativity on ur site. But it must be apparant that this issue has to be clarified for all concerned. I intened to make full and good use of ur software products and am pleased that u are an alternative to those ip_x b*****ds who tend to stifle the growth of the vr community. I want to be able to assist in the growth of said community and would gladly recommend u and ur software package. Alas ur lack of comment is a cause for concern for me and a number of other users of this site and probably for other potential users. I am unable to purchase ur product packages and recommend under these circumstances.

Please answer us!

Kind regards

a consumer in waiting

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-12

Top Photo,

Hmm well your right.  If you are concerned, you always modify the TILT up / down params to 160 ?to limit your images vertical field of view. 

Most all stitch errors occur in the top and bottom 10% pixel zone of a stitched image.  That would be a good way of being able to limit the Vertical field of view.. and not have to worry about cleaning up those areas.

Just a thought.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-15
Thanks 360Texas. But I don't think you can do that with Easypano.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-15

Following a stitch, you can FILE | PREVIEW.  Below on the left side there is some sample output code you can select, copy and paste into your webpage.  You will notice the recommended  applet code <params  of which two of them are called "-tiltmin and tiltmax" and plain Tilt.

The measuring mark is mid center [top to bottom and Left to Right ]of your image.  The first -tiltmin.. is mid center [read horizon] to the bottom and the next tiltmax is mid center to the top of your image.  The current values are 90 up and -90 down.  These are Limits of tilt up and down.

So to limit the UP view change the value to say... 60  or 60 degree upward limit and  -60 for 60 degree downward view limit. 

And the plain tilt parameter.. is for your initial view or where you want your visitor to see FIRST.  Below is shows a value of 0 or right on the horizon.

Also by changing the panmin/ max you can limit the left and right of center.  Plain PAN is the inital view angle.

And "Field of View" FOVmin /max is your zoom in/ out limits  FOV  is the initial view zoom parameter.  For some reason Panoweaver uses FOVini which does not seem to work for us.  So I just change it to FOV = value.

See the red text below.

<APPLET archive = "ptviewer.jar" code = "ptviewer.class" width = 628 height = 300 >

<PARAM name = wait value = "maromaloading.jpg">

<param name="cursor" value="MOVE">

<PARAM name = panmin value = -180>
 <PARAM name = panmax value = 180>
 <PARAM name = pan value =0>

<PARAM name = view_x value = 0>
 <PARAM name = view_y value = 0>
 <PARAM name = view_width value = 628>
 <PARAM name = view_height value = 300>

<PARAM name = tiltmin value = -90>
 <PARAM name = tiltmax value = 90>
 <PARAM name = tilt value = 0>

<PARAM name = fovmin value = 42>
 <PARAM name = fovmax value = 119>
 <PARAM name = fov value = 100>

<PARAM name = auto value = 0.2>

(sniped for space)

Hope this helps

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-16
I see, but you still have to stitch the full fisheye images and then just limit the viewing. I tried to stitch three images with the camera pitched up 10 degrees and it didn't work at all.

I'm not sure, in fact I don't think, limiting the final viewing angle to 160 degrees resolves the issue. Thanks for your hints.