panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-05
Dave, I found this article on the LCD monitor

Response time is where the real spec wars are happening today. Response time is a measure of the time a given pixel takes to go from on (white) to off (black), or vice versa. A monitors response time determines how quickly and crisply it updates. A year or so ago, a response time of 20-25 ms was about the best you could do, and there are still a lot of 25 ms monitors on the market. Twenty-five ms is slow enough to give you visible smearing and ghosting, leaving rapidly moving images (e.g., rotating 3D objects) looking a bit blurry.

But somewhere around 12-16 ms, response times become fast enough for most people and applications. And response times have fallen dramatically in the last year, to as little as 8 ms. Generally, larger LCD monitors have worse response times than smaller models, 12 to 16 ms instead of 8 to 10 ms, but thats changing weekly. Samsungs new SyncMaster 915N 19-inch LCD sports an 8 ms response timethe fastest in the industry today

The full article can be found here Also the fastest ms response time on the market right now is the viewsonic at 3ms as noted by VT360.  I do like that 30" dell though

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments on a subject other than pano's.  I do take each of your suggestions seriously and put forth research on the subjects and hope that I make the right choices.  There is some real talent here on this forum and means a lot to me to receive your advise.  Thanks again and I hope each of you and your familys have a great 2006

Regards, Pixel

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-08

Added to shopping cart ultrasharp 2405fpw 24" wide aspect This unit has a 12ms response time grey-to-grey, reasearch showes that black to white / white to black is around 16ms.  I will now be able to run photoshop and panoweaver on the same screen at the same time   Thanks for all the advice I'll post a pano of the office when I get set up.  One more thing, when shopping online be sure to visit fatwallet for some great discounts, received $400.00 off the dell system with value code.  Thought I would pass it along.

Regards, Pixel