panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-03

New user with a few questions

I am sure at some point these questions have already been addressed but I cant seem to find them so here I go.

I have purchased the Nikon 8700 and the FC-E9 Fisheye Lens. 

Is the Agnos MrotatorB the preffered rotator for this camera? 

Will it work for all types of pano shots?

Can I use any tripod?

And lastly....are there any other accesories you can think of that I should purchase?  (if so could you please explain why)

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer. 

Thanks

Dustin
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-03

The www.agnos.com MrotatorB is correct for your combination.

You will require the 8700 support bracket. You will shoot 2 or 3 shots in rotation allowing you to create spherical panorama images. 2:1

I would suggest you get yourself a tilt leveller for your panohead such as the Manfrotto #222 as this is the easiest & quickest way to level your shots and is very important when shooting images to be stitched with Panoweaver.

All tripod that have a 1/4" or 3/8" head thread are suitable. Buy quality, your tripod should be a lifetime investment. Manfrotto - Gitzo - Velbon brands are a good starting point.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-04
Is it at all possible to use the bubble on the Mrotatorb and the tripod legs to get it level?  I am trying to save a few dollars for the time being until I do a few jobs then purchase the tilt leveler.
Dustin
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-04

Yes, that is possible.

You need only for the first position to be exactly level. You do not re-level for each position. So set up will not be that bad.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-04

One last question then I promise to stop with the annoying questions.

Is there any other way to purchase the Mrotatorb other than through Agnos.com?

(seems like a hassle to order as they do not have phone ordering or the ability to order over the net.)

or any idea where to get a used one?

Thanks

Dustin
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-04
Although Agnos's ordering is not normal for what we consider in the US, it is a fairly straight forward process.

I sent them email, they responded within 24 hours, I made a payment via paypal, and they shipped within 24 hours, I recieved the product in a few days via UPS. As far as an international purchase, you can't ask for much a smoother transaction.

John

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-04

Thank you.

I also wanted to make sure that this head will work for doing all 3 types of pano's

Dustin
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-04

3 types?

• Spherical = Yes
  • Cylindrical = Yes
  • Cubic = Yes
  • Fisheye 1 Mode = Yes
  • Fisheye 2 mode = Yes

All images captured with the FC-E9 should be A.O.K