panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-04

partial pano's

I am just about to go ahead and purchase panoweaver but am curious if it is possible to do partial spherical panoramas with this program or do you have to do the complete sphere?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

dustin

Dustin
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-04

You can adjust the limits of the viewer to any part of an image using PTViewer by setting the tilt and pan parameter values.

Panoweaver will only stitch full 360 x 180 degree images. But from that you can limit the view. Remember Panoweaver is a stitcher that offers limited free options for output. Tourweaver will give you complete control. Alternatively PTViewer and some scripting lessons will give you the results your after for free.

PTViewer Scripter is also a great place to start when using PTViewer.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-05
I recently found the Nodal Ninja.  Do you think this is as good and easy to use as the Mrotatorb?
Dustin
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-05

LOL No!

The Nodal Ninja is a reasonable budget panohead but is not in the same league as the MrotatorB.

The MrotatorB is a precision purpose built product where the nodal point is pre determined. You simply fit the FC-E9 level it and your set to shoot. No guessing or hours/days finding the correct nodal point position.

Penny pinching is not a good thing to do when you want a top class job. What will you really be saving in the long run?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-05
The Nodal Ninja is only ok if you need a small and lightweight solution (trekking). I'm using the head sometimes together with a small carbon tripod (Walimex) and a Canon 300D + Sigma 8mm.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-05

I also have a Nodal Ninja, but it is not comparable with the MrotatorB and is not suited really to newbies. For what it is it is OK. But for ease and perfect nodal stitching the MrotatorB will be the best money ever spent for the FC-E9 lens.

I also doubt there would be enough adjustment with the 8700 - Adaptor and Lens on the Nodal Ninja and the weight will cause some flex which will cause errors in the stitching.

But of course this is only educated advise. If you wish to go with the Nodal Ninja then Bill Bailey is your man in the USA and Canada. Like Agnos tell Bill you were talking to Smooth.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-06

Thanks for the help smooth.

Am ordering my MrotatorB on monday.

Dustin

Dustin
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-09

Dustin, check your private messege. I didn't get a chance to reply until today.

If you haven't bought the Mrotator yet, I can save you some money. Let me know.

Thanks.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-09

Good answer Smooth.

BTW, did you find the dual pano file we talked about? PM me if you got news.