panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-13

How to do limo Shots

Hi

Do any of you out there have any experience with panoramas inside a limousine?? I am trying to land a limousine company and visited the client the other day to do a few test shots. Unfortunately they did not come ouy very well. I hope it is because the light was very bad as the car was in a garage. My pictures vere very blurry, and the color was off. probably because I had to use a high ISO value and F stop at 2.8. I know I have to use a F value of at least 5.6, and I will take a new shot a day where the limousine is out side in the day light.

I would love a few tips if any of you have experience with limos.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

a newbie trying to improve

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-13

Hello Wide-Eyes,

Hope this helps.  This procedure I learned here on this forum.  It is not a limo however it is a somewhat dark confined area, cockpit of G-550. 
1.  Set the "mood" in the limo, turn on all the lights execept the dome light
2.  Lie to the camera and set white ballance and Av
3.  Set auto bracketing
4.  Be sure to shoot RAW format
5.  Process images
6.  Photomatix
7.  See images of G-550 cockpit with camera settings.

Wanted to get this posted before leaving for work.  However, I can answer any questions you may have, just post 'em here and I will be in and out of the forum through-out the day.

Regards, Pixel

Shots taken were with Canon 350D, Sigma 8mm

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-14

Hi Pixel

Thank you for you reply.

Is it more important to shoot in raw in this case then normally?? Because normally I don't shoot in raw. The files are to big and the camera works to slow.

I am also having huge problems with the ISO values. Using ISO 50 the images are great but when I use a ISO value higher then 100 the pictures are unacceptable. They are filled with noise. I am using a nikon coolpix 8700 and the fc-e9 fish eye. I know it is not the best set up but the camera should still be able to take better pictures using eg ISO 100 or 200.

If I shoot with ISO 200 as you did I would never be able to use the pictures.

By the way what do you meen with "lie to the camera regarding white balance? Don't I just have to adjust the white balance as usual??

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-16

If someone else here on the forum has the nikon set up please help with this post.  Sorry wide-eyes I am unfamiliar with this set up, for I am using the Canon 350D, Sigma 8mm set up.  What I meant by lie to the camera is setting your white balance and Av.  You are telling the camera it is much lighter than it really is, this is done by setting Av.  Sorry for any confusion, this is the way that it was described to me and it sunk in. 

If you have a dial setting for auto to check your exposure values refer to what the camera is telling you then go to manual (Av) and tell the camera what it told you with an increase or decrease in Av settings.

Good Luck to you hope this helped a little,
Regards, Pixel

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-01-16

There must be a fault with your camera. ISO 200 should show only very little grain. ISO 100 is "Normal".

I suggest you take some images without the fisheye using the regular lens (forget pano's for a minute) and learn your camera and it's capabilities.

Show us the results using different ISO settings shooting the very same image.

This will tell us what is either wrong with your camera or what is wrong with your shooting method.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-17

Hi Smooth

Yes I also find it strange that I get so much noise. I will try and take a couple of images with different ISO settings and post them here. I really appreciate your willingness to help me :o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-17

Thanks Smooth for the help.  I am unfamiliar with the Nikon set-up, for me to instruct on the matter is like the blind leading the blind  

You been vacactioning in the land down under?  Have'nt seen a post in a few days.

Wide-Eyes, let's see some photos and get this thread resolved and closed
Also be sure to write down your settings so that you can post them with the shots you take.
Good Luck,

Regards, Pixel

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-01-17

Hi Wide-Eyes,

Take a look at http://www.clydevalleylimousines.co.uk/fleet.htm

I produced all of their images, both static & 360. The H2 Lux and the Navigator Stretch were produced using a Nikon 8400 with  the FC-E8 lens. Settings were; manual, set at F7.9, centre weighted, exposure between 6-8 seconds, WB-auto, ISO 100, 3 shots at 120 intervals. re-touched using Photoshop.

The Hummer 180 and The Storm were produced using Nikon 8700 with FC-E9 lens. The Hummer 180 was produced with the same settings as above but with a seperate set of 3 images with the camera set at 1 sec exposure to capture the ceiling "clouds". The Storm's settings were as above except for the ISO which was set to 200 as it was very dark inside this limo, this did produce a fair bit of noise, alot more than I expected to be honest, but was reduced by a fantastic Photoshop plug-in called Noise Ninja. I tweaked the last two images with smart sharpening. I must admit that limousines are notoriously hard to photograph due to their ever changing light patterns.

Hope that helps,

Wayne. 

Doing What I Like, When I Like, If I Like.....Providing it's OK with the wife.

Events Digital