panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-17

phoenixrising,

thanks for the detail explanation and extra photos. the rubber padding is an excellent idea, not only does it provide cushioning support, it also protects the camera from scratches.

have you been able to put any tours online yet?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-17
Nope...

have only been useing the trial version so far. Don't think it's appropriatte for me to do so until I've bought the software prog. I mainly use MAC, though we do have a PC as a server. Want to be able to use 3.1 and also other software progs which also only run off PC. Am therefore in the process of acquireing new PC and then will get the easypano software so as to be able to show off my wares. Have done a number of shots and have been improving the output after following some of Dave's advice. (have a look at his thread re the shopping mall) He gave some great advice on pre work and saving files as png's which deff help the output qual. As soon as I have the software and new PC I'll post some work. Am also in the process off getting a website designed so that I can offer out my work. Need to learn a lot there though as I'm fairly newbie to that side of things and haven't yet even tackled the issue of publishing work/applets yet. so I expect to be reviewing lots of past posts to help me get my stuff together.
Only a little patience... a matter of weeks and all will be revealed.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-19
Hey Phoenix,

You've mentioned a couple of times rubberbanding a bubble
or spirit level to your camera. Where do you do that becouse on the 990 there does not seem to be a flat surface anywhere!
If you place it on the top egde doesn't it rock back and forth on the plastic camera logo?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-21
Well as u ponit out, there is a plastic camera logo on the side of the camera thats further most up. (c above picture. above the flash u can see the elongated, raised logo) i just glued two strips of old lamp wire which I had cut to fit underneath the spiritlevel. the strips are as long as the level it'self (it's the triangular kind with a spirit level running on two axis) and are glued so to lift the level above the logo and to ensure a flat fitting on the camera surfice either side of the logo.

Bottom of spirit level

I----------
I             -------
I                      -------
I OOOOOOOOOOOO --------       OOO=APPROX 5 CM of old lamp
I                                         I               wire
I                                         I
I OOOOOOOOOOOO --------
I                      -------
I             -------
I----------

When viewed face on mounted on the camera:

______________    <--- spirit level
     O        O        <---- glued on lampwire or round plastic or similar
I------MM------I     <----Top of camera body. lens facing me. MM=Logo
I                    I
I                    I

So anything underneath the spirit level that enusres that it is even and
...ehm... well... level is what it's about. (Oh yeah old lamp cable has the benefit of being rubber coated which means the spirit level won't slip around on top.)

Hope that explains it. I'll post a pic later on. can't just now due to server problems...

Later
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-21
You Sneeky Li'l devil I was always not sure if when the level at the bottom of my Bogen ball pistol grip leveler said I was level, and then after attaching the camera to the rotator if the lens camera rig was actually still level. On top of the pistol grip is a quick connect. After screwing that to the pano bracket there ends up being the potential for a pretty big difference. But your idea takes the wondering out of that!!! They say that necessity is the mother of invention!!!! I think its just a mother.........