panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-17

3 Shot Panos

Hi,

My VR'S have improved dramatically using the 3 Shot Pano system thanks guys.What is the best way to clean the triangular stitch mark on the ceiling of the Panos?? I believe that Ipix have some tools in there software for fixing this problem.Any other recommendations??

Was wondering if anyone else out there had purchased the 360OneVR solution from Kaidan..
I have, & find the product disappointing.
Results are woeful and only after a few short tests have packed the product away.
I did not think my clients would appreciate results produced from this rather expensive product.

Keep up the good work guys at Panoweaver.Tremendous software.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-17

Hi Conpan,

There are a couple of ways. 

Following automatic stitching, try a manual stitch.... and increase the "Blending" value on lower right side box.

OR

Following stitching and saving as a .bmp file, take the image into photoshop or your favorite photoediting software.  Zoom IN and you will find that the small zenith star is actually caused by 5 pixel thickness area all accross the top of your panorama that is slightly off color with that sky colored area just below it. 

In Photoshop I select the clone tool and copy the color and pattern just below the top area INTO that off color 5 pixel width.  It could be clouds or blue sky.  Then take a peek at it in the viewer and see how well you did.

Just a thought.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-18

It's even easier to remove if you convert to Cubic format before Photoshop and then reconvert back to spherical. Makes the process a bit longer though.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-20

Thanks Simon that worked.

By converting it to Cubic & then Spherical does this impact on the quality of the JPG image?? Does the image degrade at all in this process.

I noticed when I did it, that I lost some sharpness on the finished Pano.

I suppose that my editing in Photoshop may have impacted on this also.

Just a thought. Thanks again for the Tip Simon.

Cheers

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-20

You might consider doing all your work using .bmp file format.  That way the image is maintained in an uncompressed file format.  Repeating Jpeg saves introduces image artifacts or distortions on each save.  

ALSO the fisheye lens is noticably a soft lens, your original images already have a slight fuzz which can be corrected after stitching by Sharpening them 1 time in PhotoShop.

Just a thought 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com