panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-22

Perfect stich!

Hi, guys. I'd submit you my new experiment with 2 new panos. This is equipment to realize him:
nikon cp 4500 and fc e8
tripod manfotto and manfrotto's qtvr head
and panoweaver 3, naturally!
No change setup in software, no retouch. Only shot and stich!
I think is a good result. Send me your opinions. Thanks.
Forgive my bad english if you can.
The links.
http://www.aritmedia.com/panostudy/in.html
http://www.aritmedia.com/panostudy/out.html

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-23

Plooney,

Looks very good.  One of the better 2 hemis I have seen.  I can't do that without retouching.

Scott

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-02-23

Plooney, nice shots!

msb2002, I think you will find that they are 3 shot panos

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-23
yes they are 3 shots. 
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-23

I made a small 1.5" x 3"   "reminder card"  that I taped to my pan head.  It reads like this:
----------------------------------|
Menu items: Rec-M  P mode
Res full fine 2048 x 1536 300 ppi 
Fisheye lens 1 mode

Location 1

Tripod ?place on even surface
Sun to Back  tripod 90deg L or R

AE Lock set

Level up Image 1 take image

Level up Image 2 take image

Level up Image 3 take image

AE Lock reset

Location 2

Tripod place on even surface
Sun to Back  tripod 90deg L or R

Level up Image 1 take image

Level up Image 2 take image

Level up Image 3 take image

AE Lock reset

When in doubt re take 3
------------------------------------|

Just a thought this Saturday evening.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-23

I guess I should learn how to read.  Saw where he said to panos and it just stuck in my head.  Must be the terrible winter we are having here in Indiana.

Scott

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-23
Hey 360Texas,

I am curious about your instruction card above. It sounds like you are saying to level (camera? tripod?) before each shot. That doesn't sound right somehow. I would think you wouldn't want to change anything in between shots for a pano, only when moving to a new location.

and also

Plooney,

Why is the tripod disappearing like that right under the camera? Though the panos look great, that makes me wonder if you have the nodal point of the lens centered on the axis of rotation. You should definitely be able to see the mounting point directly below. The only time I have seen the "disappearing tipod" trick happen is when the camera is just mounted on a tripod with the fisheye sticking out in front of where it should be. The floor not quite lining up in the inside shot may indicate this too.

John
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-02-23

Hi all,

I was of the beleif that you only need level your camera/tripod once! Then take your images? Am I wrong?

As for the dissapearing tripod, this is mainly what the thread I started (What's the Differance?) was about! I was/am trying to find out why other people get a different result E.g: Tripod showing, Partly showing, not showing etc.

If we finally get a clear day I will post some pano's with camera up and camera down to show the difference with my set up.

All help appreciated.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-23

Setting up the tripod... means ALL on floor carpet, not 2 legs on carpet and 1 leg on floor tile.... one leg will be lower than the other 2.

I find that ALL our 3 images TOPS will be level aligned along the top if each image shot is individually MICRO leveled. 

Other wise the second image will stair step down [read pitch down or up].. then the 3rd image will be lower than the prior 2.  When you encounter a stairstep affect in the final stitched image it means you probably will encounter stitch mis matches at the seams.  By micro leveling up on each shot... you do not get the stairstep affect and far few seam stitch errors.

And our tripod cap (on preview) is nearly almost a round circle, indicating that we are shooting using the proper nodal point. OR virtually no Parallax.  When previewing the stitched image..if you look down.. and your tripod cap is anything OTHER than round.. your camera lens is not at the proper nodal point and needs to be corrected. Correcting the nodal point alot of your stitch errors will go away. 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-24

Pano of our daily snow storm this winter. http://www.seeitin360.com/snowscript.html

I really like the new Panoweaver version!

Scott

Can't wait for Forida and Puerto Rico soon.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-02-24

Hey Scott,

Nice pano mate! Seeing it's the middle of summer here the snow looks quite refreshing  (I'm sure the novelty would soon were off though)

Thanks for showing/sharing your work.

Regards, Smooth