panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-26

360texas has left the country

Its time to head SOUTH for a while.  We will be back next month.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-01
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-02-26

Happy Travelling Dave!

We expect to see some pano's

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-08

A picture post card for you.  For those who wish to follow our progress, point your browser to:

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/mexico/playamoroma/index.htm

/s/s/

Dave and Pat @360Texas.com

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-08
Nice work Dave,

must be awful out there... what with all that sun and heat and don't forget the hell of sand in ur shorts.... lucky bugger.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-08

Hey Dave,

Good to see your struggling, jeez, life's hard.

Thanks for the "look see"

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-14

Hi All,

I think we are finished with all the Playa Morama panoramas now. We took panoramas of ATV's. Snorkeling, beach area, deep sea fishing, and Champagne Sunset Cruise and dinner.   Please point your browser to:

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/mexico/playamoroma/index.htm

BUT OVER the next week we will add to our Mexico page, More panorams to the Camino Real Hotel,  Underwater panoramas to our Snorkeling page.....

AND something new.  On our SCUBA dive a videographer accompanied us.. and he shot a 30min video... from which we will be able to show SINGLE shots of the dive.  {unless someone can show us how to project a 30 minute .vob video file to our page}.  Plus we have more single shots of Km 9 location on the Hotel Zone.  So stay tuned.. will advise more as we bring our 7 day work venture to you on our website.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-14
Hi Dave,

I think your definately in the zone! I hope you braught plenty of sunscreen on your shoot. FYI I love the fixed tripod cap effect you seemed to have perfected. I noticed... actually I don't want to sound critical here, but I observed when you tilt down to look at the cap that it doesn't stay pefectly fixed. It actually kind of moves a little as you tilt down then the pano seems to catch up. It reveals momentarally the tripod below. This got me curious so I then tried zooming in and the cap stays the same size and the tripod mount grows around it as you zoom in. Also the top of the tripod cap disk got cut off a little. You know you probably took on what was probably one of the most difficult of shoots to stitch! I mean a rolling and pitching catamaran moving at 20 knots or so. Whew.... Man I mean I'm not worthy!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-14

Hi Dave,

Mate, I loved your image before you left and the image once you got there, but now I want the image of when you got home! lol

Is it now a little less snowy?

Thanks very much for posting your pano's for us to see, terrific work.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-15

Well thank you for the compliments - the Deep Sea Fishing effort was really difficult.  You obviously know what your talking about when discussing shooting from a boat.  You must have been there and tried that before.  Actually I had little problem shooting from the Cat or Tri.  I did have significantly more issues on the Deep Sea Fishing series (posted yesterday 13Mar03).

Typically on a boat like this the minimum roll and pitching affect can be felt inside the cabin - on the floor - closest point to the keel.  This is usually in the bathroom with your head... in the toilet. (sorry no pictures)

The location on the boat where the MAXimum swing, tilt and roll can be felt is up on the flying bridge where the Captain steers the boat.  

Even the client (the person sitting beside me up on the flying bridge understood the difficulties of keep the tripod anchored to the deck while shooting the EXTRA 1 and 2 pans on that page.  Neither one of us thought that these would turn out - AT ALL.   If you saw them yesterday.. you could see the horizon pitch angles were way OFF line. 

Thanks to Panoweavers ability to adjust pitch, roll and yaw, I was able to hammers, shake, twist, jump on  and make a fairly descent image series.  Yes, I did use photoshop to clean up the image mismatch areas.  Thanks for your encouragement... I think I saved the images.

Originally, I did have a larger 200 x 200 floating tripod cap.  But last night the client requested a smaller one 125 x 125.  Gotta do what the client wants.

In the past we have recommended that when shooting panoramas, your AE LOCK should be turned on... and your first shot should be with your back to the SUN.    

Now I want to make an important addition to this recommendation.

When shooting panoramas in the Tropics,  BESURE to put SUNBLOCK 48 on the BACK OF YOUR LEGS !   My swollen ankles and legs are back to normal now.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-15
Dave,

I think you should call tour shoot extreme panos. I think you really pushed the envelope and the technology. You certainly put Panoweaver's latest features to the test! You probably couldn't have pulled off some of the tours with previous versions. I was really curious to see how the heck you were going to do the snorkeling tours. Were there really that many fish down there or did you work a little Photoshop magic there? If not Iwould say that would make some pretty nice diving! Can't wait for further postings. Great work! And oh yeah the client is always right! At least if you want to get paid that is!

Jack