panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-14

Photos of paintings

Hi,  got a telephone call from a person here in town wanting us to take single images of paintings.  He needed to have high resolution images that you can zoom in on and see the painting details. 

We would make the full size images for zooming, and static thumbnails.

Remember a couple of years ago I found and showed the forum a small free MM Flash thingy called ZoomifyEZ.  Well I think I found a use for it.

Original RAW 8.2mb
Converted to 16bit TIF 30mb
Slice and dice the 16bit Tif with zoomifyEZ resulted in 120 single Tile files 10 - 15kb each.  Turns whole display into a Macromedia Flash.

Visit http://www.360texas.com/painting/painting.htm

Visit http://www.zoomify.com for zoomifyEZ Mac or PC version

By using zoomifyEZ it protects your single image

Other possible use: Archiving durable artwork for insurance purposes

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-15

Hi

When talking about image servers adn the opportunity to zoom in, there are also a couple of other opportunities.

E.g. the Danish company called www.yawah.com - this is the technology NASA use - accordingly to their web page at least.

You can also apply their technology to objectphotography. REally interesting. Though I have to admit I dont think there is much of a market for it at this point.

The zoom server is used at a Danish auction house - www.bruun-rasmussen.dk at all of their pieces. It really put it to perspective the opportunities and advantages of this technology. I really think that all online business, and especially the manufactures of goods could benifit from it. Also large online webpages with a lot of images could benifit from it. I would personally love to start with this technology, but as I mentioned I think it would be hard to market. Also it is quite expensive so there is a need for a large investment.

Furthermore you would have to sort out a very specific business strategy. Maybe it would be worth making a simple business plan. What are your thoughts on this sort of technology??

an altertive to www.yawah.com and iseemedia is the free Open Source solutions like this one: http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-17
if he wants really high resolution images you can take two shots and stitch them. that should give 16mp right?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-24
HELP!   
I need somebody! help just anybody!
I would like to know how will I resize image of 3 MG to 120 KB and during that time I will not lose sharp and quality of image what I had before?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-24

Hey Dave - I read your post on the Zoomify program back a couple years ago, tried it out and found a number of ways to use the program.  The program works great presenting artwork on the Internet.  You might like to check out a painting I photographed, Zoomified and incorporated into a Virtual Tour I produced using Tourweaver of the Minnesota State Capital.  The painting is of our infamous last governor, ex-pro wrestler, The Body Jesse Ventura.  This portrait was buried in the basement of the capital, I think because the politicians really didnt like him much at all.  Check it out: http://www.tommerchant.com/portrait.html

Tom
www.go360media.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-25

Hi Ikontus

I use a program called web presenter pro by fred miranda. www.fredmiranda.com

Or else try looking at previous threads there you can find a lot of help with seizing down in steps.

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-25
Thank you Wide-Eyes I will do that