panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-27

French guy on MacOS9.1

Hello all ! I'm new to fisheye photo and to this forum.
I'm quite interressed in panoweaver but a bit lost with those english technical terms... so here are my first questions :
- is the french version provided with panoweaver 2 (I do not have MasOSX so can't have version3)
- if I buy panoweaver 2 today, will I be able to upgrade for free to v3.0 when I will get MacOSX (maybe one day...)
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Anton
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-27
I also use the classical version of MAC OS9.1. I do however have a PC I use as the server for our MACs and have bought the 3.01 for windows version. I process my work in photoshop on my MAC and then import them to the panoweaver software on the PC. I just liked the idea of the added faetures of 3.01.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-27
Why do you edit your fisheye images in Photoshop before stitching ? Need to sharpen edges of the round-shaped photo or...?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-28
Oh I found the best pix are made when following some of Daves advice (texas 360) ie:
import pix into photoshop. pull a circle around the pano and therefore cut out the edge fringing/fuzziness. use the cutting tool to square off the image as I only need the circle and not the rest and then save each image as .png. This is then a 3mb doc which has little storage loss.
Then import to panoweaver and stich/manuel restich.
Save out in CD 1500/3000 qual. and reimport to Photoshop to do final cleanup (brighten, highlight, unsharpen...) work.
After that u can import pano into panowaever for review.

hope that helps
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-28
You bet that helps !
thanks for the advices.
And by the way, if any cool french folk hanging around would have french explanations about the art of finding the nodle point with a cpx4500 & fisheye (just like you phoenixrising have explained in this forum, but in french...), it would be great !
so long.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-28
Phoenix

What is the final file size your talking about when you save your final output at "CD" quality. I think if it is a 3m file by the time you create a virtual tour with lets say 10 panos in that tour... your going to look a lot like Rip Vanwinkle by the time the viewer gets to see the first pano on dialup. Are you on dial up or do you guys have faster connections there in Germany. It really doesn't matter because you have to look at what your end user is using anyway. I'm with you and would love to post full frame cd resolution panos but right now I don't think the bandwidth of the average user/viewer will support it. If I'm wrong enlighten me becoause I would love to deliver that quality at a reasonable download speed.