panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-27

360?portaits and/or macro

Hi again !
I was wondering if it could be possible to shoot, stitch & export VRmovs from portraits and/or macro scenes taken with fisheye lens. If any of you have exemples of such works, please let me know urls where to see them.
Thanks !
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-24
Chad,

Dude I am looking for a one shot system. Sort of as a backup if this stitching thing goes south or when looking completely up or down isn't needed. I checked out the company you mentioned above....I hate it when a company will not post a retail price! They don't even list their resellers. You have to submit an inquirey then they get back to you with a list of resellers! I looked at their Swim Suit Shoot tour and I'm on dial up it took a good 4-5min to down load and I don't know if you have used this hardware/ software but the image SUCKED! I could barely make out any detail. Enphasing the word "bare". I can see why there is no hope for the use of the video end with this product on the internet! You have to then submit your images to them for processing?! Sounds an awefull lot like another company I know! How much did their lens set you back? How much is the processing?

Very Curious,
Jack

P.s. The other reason I'm looking into good single shot sytems is for action tours with a lot of movement. Gravitating twords 4FE's will not serve that purpose thats for sure!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-24

Hiya Jack, If you have a high spped connection and a few spare minutes I have uploaded you an example..

(file size about 13Mb)

I am  not sure what you mean about having to submit your images to the company for them to process as this is not the case. With the lens you also get the processing software. I am not sure if this is different for live feed, that is another topic entirely.

Anyway, hope the example is helpful. As I mentioned earlier not quite web ready due to file sizes, however who knows for the future.
As far as the lens for one-shot technology, the results were fine, I will look for some examples and upload them for you.
You do not have the freedom with this software to create bespoke loading screens etc, and I believe you have to use behere's loading screen as it is built into the java applet, and tampering with their applet would i guess be a breach of their contract. --Dont quote me on this--

I believe a company called Egg360 do a one shot, have not used it or any others on the market though, let me know how you get on, or get back to me for more examples if need be

Good Luck

ChadWeston

Welcome to my world
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-24

oh yeah, I guess you better have the link then as well ...............
http://www.aardvark-digital.com/360movie/

sorry, what a dork

Welcome to my world
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-24
hello chadweston
where can i find the example you mentionned ? i cannot see no url...
thx anton
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-24
Anton,

I found the web site just fine at the opening screen
click on the Aardvark!

Chad did you send me a private message with the 13meg file
or are the examples on the web site done with the software? It doesn't seem that would be the case cause the virtual tours allow you to look straight down?

Thanks for the egg cam reminder!
Jack
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-24

the 360 movie is on a private link, you wont get to it from my web site,go to

http://www.aardvark-digital.com/360movie/
Be patient as will take time to download (13Mb) Let me know what you think after. I will get back to you.

Cheers Chris

Welcome to my world
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-27
Anton, anything u can take with a fisheye lens... u can stich
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-27
wow ! And what about stitching the short .movs my Coolpix permit me to shoot ?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-28
.movs won't work as it's a movie and not a still pic. Don't forget that the idea of this software is to make spere pic that is quick to download and view on web. movies are a whole nother piece of work altogether. There is some irtual 360 movie work going on, but this is made with a number of digi-vid-cams set at various angles and tend only to be say 180 degree wide and 120 degree high. As far as I know, there is no softaware available to make movies in the way u discribe. Though I know what u mean and would love to do it myself. Only problem is that never really be able to do full 360 spheroid movies as u'd always need a cameraman somewhere... hhhmmm then again, I've seen some guys have to cp990's back to back with fisheyes do simultanious full 360 shots. there is also a product out there somewhere that can do full 360 as well, but they tend to be based on the lens being motorised moving around it's nodal point. This is actually how they did the very first panos back in the 1800's...
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-02-28
Phoenix I think you'll find that iP*x has the process, and has been developing it for about 2 years now. It is a back to back fisheye lens assembly which I believe sends the image to the camera mounted below the lens assembly where the tripod is in the the pano pics. The other still 360 process your refering to is the egg lens. It is used I believe with the camera lens facing up and the lens attaches where a normal lens attaches. The thing is the lens did not produce 360 x360 images as we produce with the fisheyes. It wouldn't record the zenith or the ceiling in the pano so the fov was a lot like a vr movie.