panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-04

Hi phoenixrising,

Mate, if you need any help on scripting or those little problems that come up! I'd be happy to help where I can.

Like I always have said on this forum I will help where I can and I'm happy too.

But sometimes I need a little help/feedback to clear up things in my own mind.

Best regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-04
Yo Smooth...

we've got a saying in Germany "One hand washes the other" if my feedback is of value to u, I'd be more then pleased.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-05
Smooth,

I agree about the posting and testing with other computers.
The thing is I produced the tours on an XP system that the hardrive died on and I'm using the wife's laptop online. I have never installed the software on this computer. Its WIn 98os with netscape 7.0 as the browser. So what do think about that? Is it possible that the spaces make the tour view sporatically or not at all. I've put an email into my web person to help me make the edits that you suggested and that are needed to make it work. Shame on me smooth it is basic knowledge not to put spaces in file names I don't know what I was thinking. It seems with the new OS's out there that file names were allowed to get longer and I thought spaces were legal now ! Oh well lesson learned!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-05

Hi guys,

Jack,

The simply fact is the images were in a folder that was not in your .html (so in no way could it read it correctly from the server) Like saying the photo's are in the the bottem draw! When in fact they are in the top draw!

So I don't know how you got it to work on your wife's notebook? (Magic?) If the images were on that computer  and in it's cache that may be the answer.

Never been a fan of Netscape! But that is only my own opinion!

phoenixrising,

Mate, I get value from yours and most other postings

Keep'em coming

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-06
Ok Guys,

Call me a glutton for punishment but here goes try
this site on fo size: http://www.ithacavirtualtours.net/uptown2/uptown3/Uptown3.html
It is the management company I did the tours for. See what happens and what I learned if you have a window with louvered blinds and it was one apartment in the series that was not occupied. We are still working on geting the motorcoach tour fixed stay tooned! It also may have had a old file path problem as the coach tour was moved from one server to another. I do value your feedback and I do mean from the entire forum. I know there are more of you in the VR community out there other than Smooth, Phoenixrising, Dave 360, vt360,....I can hear you breathing . Drop me a private message with your feedback. Particularly I'm
interested in the tours loadtimes. I tried to keep them at about a minute and a half on dial up at about a 40k connect speed.
     Smooth something you mentioned to me about the
rotation speed was way to fast. Those tours were publised
a year ago I was using a 900mhz laptop 512 ram. The speed was fine on that computer. I read this some where but are you telling me that as the processor speeds increase so will the rotations of all my previosly published tours. All three of them I mean I don't want to create a technicolor yawn on anybodys monitor but a producer would have to republish all their tours every year throttling back the rotation speeds! At least you would have to republish if you you don't have any scripting skills like me. Yipes!!!! Whats the work around?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-07

BixVid,

Load speeds were great and about the correct download speed to keep people interested! So your on a winner with this one. (around 1 minute on a 56k modem)

I would try to sharpen your images after you have done your stitching (as a suggestion)

Thanks for sharing

Yes, rotation speed gets faster with processor speed. Set them slow and let the viewing drag at the speed they like is my suggestion.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-02-28

Hi Bidvix,

You made some interesting points there! Good work

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-01
I'll have a go at that window trick. Is one thing that has always been bothering me with indoor pics. exposure for poor lighting gets blown by window light... thx for those thoughts.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-07
Smooth,

Appreciate the feedback!! Upon revisiting this work I too thought the panos looked soft. The final step I use when saving from Photoshop is to save for the web. When using that process I think I choose medium compression and I think a blurring factor of 1.0. I get a file around 50 to 75 kb. I guess I should back off the blurring factor. Thanks again! Cheers!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-07
As far as sharpening is concerned...

I seem to have a problem with getting my fisheye images sharp when taking shots. Now I'm aware that the images will have a certain amount of fuzziness inherant to fisheyes. I tend not to do the FE1 position and therefore infinity as the images seem to be even less sharp then my method. The camera did have an accident a while back and was repaired. I wonder if that is the problem. I did a series of shots recently with relativly good results though have since been getting fuzziness again. HHmmm I've been experimenting with larger F values 5.6 and therefore slightly longer exposures to ensure focal sharpness with mixed results.
My settings: Not fe1 rather no lens, matrix, iso 200 (indoor), f5.6 with appropriatte exposure time, ae lock.
I'll post a few images later to evaluate.

I seem to recall something about resetting the camera to factory values which might help but can't seem to find this data in the threads... any clues as I can't work out how to reset these values?
Also I'm trying to find some Nikon firmware update to my cp990 which I'm having problems finding...