panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-07

Difference between dial-up & broadband st

The dial ups come in at 150k the broadbands are 1.5 meg. That is a big difference. I am using vrguild for tour hosting and they have a 400 k max size I would like to max out.

Also it appears that Tourweaver does not work with the 1.5 mb vr files? Is that the case or am I doing something wrong?
John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-04-08

There is no reason to have such large file sizes when displaying with a small viewer window. Using Tourweaver with a viewing window of 400x300 your panorama images need not be larger then 300kb.

Tourweaver was not designed to work with huge file sizes. 1.5MB is enough for full screen display in most instances. Try resizing your image size and also adjust your file size for optimum display.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-11
I understand the TW limitation, but I wanted to start adding a full screen tour on CD, with minimal labor, to my premium priced offering, to compete with circledix. I was hoping to look to TW and do an additional high res stitch while the photos were loaded. I have tried the publishing to Quicktime from TW and have been able to get some nice full res full screen v tours. But I then have 5 or 6 nodes that need to be incorporated into one Scene. PanoQtvr gets you part of the way with hotspots, but you would need an auto run file and a front HTML Page tying everything together. I need the process to be high res full screen and quick to include it in my current price of $150.

Well the above is the least of my problems. Here is a tour I did this morning. What happened on the the bottom, was I off the nodal point? why did the stitch of the tripod end up staggered like that? Light fall off is really a problem, as you can see, is that adjusted with a smaller radius number in panoweaver?

The kitchen shot is a photomatix two photo auto combine. Which looked better than the average exposure shot with the natural lighting. I combined a low and a high separated by 2 ev.

http:/www.vrguild.net/c/stnd.pl?U=0604112138165013

Canon 300D
Sigma 8 mm EX DG
Kaidan Quickpan

John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-12

Are you taking RAW images ?  If so you can process the 4 images in Adobe Camera Raw converter (ACR) [to 8 bit RGB] .TIF file format. 

In ACR you can concurrently adjust the white balance so that ALL are same color temperature,  Red Cyan to -52,  Blue Yellow to -25, adjust the vignetting to +100 and mid point to 0.  Those setting should fix the apparant stitch lines.

Panoweaver 4 does stitch 8 bit TIF's. But not 16bit images.  16bit gives better color depth.

The small black square in the top of your spherical image is actually a black area across the top of your stitched image. You can clone that black area in with adjacent sky colors and the black square will go away.

Typically we are resizing our stitched images down around 400 - 600 kb for dial up folks.  Most all of our full screen java or qtvr's are 1.5mb for broadband visitors.

Dave

Canon 20d/ Sigma 8mm/ Kaidan Kiwi990.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-12
I thought you were on a catamaran somewhere in the Gulf. :)

Boy these are Realtor tours and until they complain I would hate to add a process. I will see what it does to the workflow.

I am a PhaseOne C1 Raw converter user, but have Adobe as well, just do not know how to use it.

PW does the 400k dialup and 1.5 mg broadband they just do not work with TW.
John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-13

We were on a 50' [17 meter] Catamaran just off Southern side of the Yucatan coast.  Was a great ride.

Returned last Sunday.  Now back in the forum.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com