panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-09
Hey Scott,

Haven't had a chance to check the bedroom link yet. Will get to it this evening when I get some QT surfi'n in. Umm.. sorry about the lingo 2d world map is old lingo from MGI's program "Reality Studio" where when you created and linked the virtual tours in that program it would build a layout simultaniously in 2d on a graphpaper showing the relation and positions of the hotspots. All that was left to do was draw in the floorplan lines and dimensions. I was wondering what program you were using in conjunction with panoweaver to link your 2d floorplan to your pano's. PTSticher doesn't have the capability built in yet and thats why its on the wish list.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-09
Hey Smooth,

Didn't realize you were on and your post beat mine by a few seconds cool.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-09
Smooth,

Isn't the idea to achieve a perfect sticth so that you can look 360degrees. I do agree here with you ....no point in looking at the ceiligs. Also speaking of joins at the top have you noticed some and I believe the term is "Pinching" that occurs at the polls of the edited pano's. It actually almost looks like a belly button at the nader and zenith.

Jack
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-09

The floor pan has  hotspots from a basic image map linked to other url's.  Did this in Dreamweaver.

I think that the important thing is to show what needs to be shown.  At times sraight up might be one of the most important parts of the whole image.  Other times it is not that important.

Scott

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-10
Scott ,

Thanks for sharing how you did the links. As most of the forum members found out in a recent string I'm not real scripting or publishing savy and I work with a web designer to publish my tours. So if its not built into the program ie.GUI I'm a little hosed. Anyway got a chance to check the rest of the tour it worked fine! Saw you added the landing view I didn't think I saw that the other night. Anyway Its nice to see other producers work here in the states. Keep up the good work!

JAck
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-10
Scott,

By the way the comment about the Pinching at the Polls
was in no way a reflection on your panos. My train of thought there was asking you and Smooth in general about the pinching
artifact if you guys have noticed it as it seems to be In Vogue these days to limit the tilt up.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-10

Jack,

Thanks for your input, I only have family to show here and they think everything is always great.  I need some input from someone who is not so biased. 

Keep up the good woodwork.

Scott

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-10
msb2002

nice work mate. Clean shots with little fuzziness. Good sharp views. I use TDSL and have pretty much instant pano's... less then 10secs to load which is great. Like ur map work as well. So these work by embedding URL's behind the hotspots correct? I like BixVid am not that versed in Webdesign. Working on it though and have also got a web-guru who helps me with my projects... though I have as of yet to publish some work. Still lack sharpness. I'll post something later on today for all to see.

The overall presentation of the package is very proffesional. Also like ur wait loading image... a bit of Flash work?

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-10

phoenixrising,

Thanks for the compliments.  The web design is a fun part of the whole process.
I would recommend learning as much as you can, because you are always wanting to make adjustments and change things.  I hate to rely upon others.
I learn something everyday by trial and error.  Some things  work and look good other thing I do look bad or dont work at all.
I use Dreamweaver to make my image maps.  You just draw circles or squares on images and add the url's as a links.

Macromedia has trial download of Dreamweaver here.  If you think you might like to learn,  that is a good way to start. Like everything else in this business, if you like it and want to buy it, it will cost you, about  $399.00 US dollars. A cheaper alternative would be Coffeecup Software.  They have lots of Web publishing stuff that is very inexpensive, but not as good (my opinion).

Scott

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-10

Jack,

I'm yet to see a perfect pano without the "Joins/Pinching" !

Yes a perfect pano that you could not see the "pinching" and you could pan the full 360 would be great! But it is all relative, horses for courses etc.

Please by all means show us a Virtual Tour without the "Pinching" that would be great. I'll say you will/might get one image without a noticeable "pinching effect" but to do a tour would be a whole different story.

Regards, Smooth