panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-03
It looks impressive, but ehm... how does it work. I only see a dos window popup for a sec. Then nuttin'
www.360photo.nl
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-03

It works as a plug-in to be used in conjunction with other programs. It can be used in DOS control panel for those who are old school this won't be a problem. The alternative to SmartBlend is Enblend (also a free plug-in) a google search will turn up more information.

My request is for Panoweaver 5.0 to allow these plug-ins to be used in conjunction. This will cure much of the blending colour and seam issue's people complain about here on the easypano forums.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-03

I agree.  I think both EnBlend and Smartblend on Sourceforge.com?  I might be wrong.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-17

Tourweaver - I need the ability to break apart the radar scope.  In other words, if I put floor plans for a first and second floor (regardless if they are stacked horizontally or vertically), the radar scope should only be in that section.  Give me the ability to add more than one map or section off one map that is uploaded.

I figured out how to swap the thumbnails after the tour is published but I need the ability to upload my own thumbnails to make the tour look better.

I also need the ability to adjust the fanning of the radar scope.  It's fixed width would look alot nicer if it could be tweaked out. 

Bug Report in Tourweaver.  When I add my navigation buttons (i.e. up arrow, down arrow), my .GIF graphics (which have transparent sections) show up in the program even with the button-style turned off.  Let's say I have a 16 x 16 pixel squared graphic with an arrow in the middle....the area surrounding the arrow is transparent as I want to reuse this in other clients interfaces (who have different color schemes).  Tourweaver always seems to display lines or squares around the arrow where it should be transparent.

Panoweaver - When zooming in (or out)  to adjust a matching point, you should have a check option to sync the images on their checkpoints.

Spherical / Cubic Conversion is good but I dont want to export the ENTIRE set of tiles to adjust my floor.  Also, not everyone uses Photoshop.  I myself have been using Corel PhotoPaint since version 2 and have become quite comfortable using it.  How about some export options for this common software.

NOW THE BIG ISSUE - I originally purchased Tourweaver ($599.95) first to test things out with my cylindrical images.  I later upgraded my camera system to do sphericals.  I decided at that point to try Panoweaver and after many tech support calls to resolve problems, I purchased that as well ($599.95).  After spending $1200.00 with your company, I feel that my first upgrade should be FREE.  If not, the price should be reasonable ($100.00 or LESS) to upgrade.  Please consider your existing clients when setting your prices.  You need to be fair to the people that already support your products.

New Arrival Studios (nas)
Bethlehem, Pa.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-18
Quote: Originally posted by naspro on July-17-2006

Bug Report in Tourweaver.  When I add my navigation buttons (i.e. up arrow, down arrow), my .GIF graphics (which have transparent sections) show up in the program even with the button-style turned off.  Let's say I have a 16 x 16 pixel squared graphic with an arrow in the middle....the area surrounding the arrow is transparent as I want to reuse this in other clients interfaces (who have different color schemes).  Tourweaver always seems to display lines or squares around the arrow where it should be transparent.

I do not have this problem, it could be the way you are saving your .gif transparencies.

Email me one of your button sets and I will test it for you. smooth "at" greatest.com.au

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-18

Thanks Smooth.   I sent the buttons along with a web page to view.

Regards,

nas

New Arrival Studios (nas)
Bethlehem, Pa.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-18
Quote: Originally posted by naspro on July-17-2006

NOW THE BIG ISSUE - I originally purchased Tourweaver ($599.95) first to test things out with my cylindrical images.  I later upgraded my camera system to do sphericals.  I decided at that point to try Panoweaver and after many tech support calls to resolve problems, I purchased that as well ($599.95).  After spending $1200.00 with your company, I feel that my first upgrade should be FREE.  If not, the price should be reasonable ($100.00 or LESS) to upgrade.  Please consider your existing clients when setting your prices.  You need to be fair to the people that already support your products.

I felt something simiral about the upcoming upgrade, but apparently Easypano won't charge 300$ for the upgrade if I buy any of the software versions 1.30 or 4.00 now at 599$. they told me online that they don't know yet the price of Tourweaver 2.0 or Panoweaver 5.0 (which will be released sometime in October)

About your message, I don't agree: we make thousands of dollars with virtual tour businesses, so I don't find it unfair to pay the full price for the upgrade. But I understand your message if you purchased not a long time ago like me (I probably won't upgrade to panoweaver very soon, unless the upgrade price is ok

Regards, Alexandre.)

Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-08-03
I had a few more thoughts on Tourweaver. I have been experimenting with the ImmerVision.com PUREPlayerPro - Java based viewer. There are some very cool features available with these technologies (such as sun flares, the ability to view fullscreen, etc.). It would be great if these features could be incorporated or if the PUREPlayerPro could be the base java viewer or if there could be an option to use this player in the tour.
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-08-03

I agree with Full Screen.

We work so hard with expensive fisheye lenses, cameras and software to get an excellent stitched image.  I think the main reason is because [if we are doing all this for a paying client] the photo or panorama is to display the clients product. 

Why would then we intentionally put something like, rain, snow, lens flare back INTO the panorama.  These are distractions from seeing the objects or clients product.  Client is paying us to photograph or display his product not to see man made obstructions.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-08-03

Fullscreen Tourweaver for sure.

I do like Immervision and I have some use for the sun flare but I'll give all the other "gimmicks" a wide berth. To be fair I quite like DevalVR but the set up and coding is awful (and I play code) it is just too much work. (a lot like hand coding PTViewer or the old Immervision)

I think in reality to get fullscreen Tourweaver we will have to go the path of an ActiveX plug-in. Now, I have never been a fan, but after using it with DevalVR and Omniviewer I think simply based on the plug-in file size it has to be the way to go. (not withstanding security problems) If the company is widely known and respected and clear information is offered on their website allay fears it can be a winner. 

Will we be seeing the return of an improved Easypano FlyVR?

Regards, Smooth