panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-19

Fisheye Vs Single Shot Solution

Hi,

I just thought I'd share my thoughts on Panoweaver software it wins hands down on most other solutions.I bought myself a backup system in the Single Shot Solution from Kaidan.It was the biggest mistake I'd made. I now find myself out of pocket $1000.

Results don't even come close to those of the Panoweaver system.The amount of time I would spend on editing a single shot Pano I was better of shooting 18shots with my Wide Angle lens the whole process is much quicker & far better results.

I just thought I'd share  my dissapointment in this single shot solution from Kaidan.For people out there considering a second option or backup unit, avoid the pitfall I made.

Cheers

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-27

Hi Willem,

Have you gotten anywhere with Kaidan?? regarding your single shot solution...

Have they offered you a viable answer or a different solution or even a refund??

I'm so frustrated with the purchase.It makes me no money, its just been a dust collector.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-06
Hello Conpan,
I have also the 360 One, and for me it works great - obviously for web applications, because the resolution is just what you get with one shoot. But you can use this solutions in the crowd, from moving objects like boats etc.
Workflow: Denoise in NeatImage, sharpen with nikSharpener before unwarping the round picture to Quicktime or sharpen after unwarping to JPEG. The new Photowarp2 beta9 has also a sharpen function, but not as good as nikSharpener. Very good is the batch function. Now you can even create html templates or include Quicktime sprites like autorotating etc.
Send me one of your raw pics from the 360One and I will try to send you back a nice Quicktime Movie.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-21
Conpan,

Thanks for the heads up. I don't think many of us can afford to make a miscalculation in purchasing products especially in that price range! Whew!

Thanks Again!
Jack
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-21

Hi Compan.

About 6 months ago i made the same mistake :-(
I also ordered the single  shot system at Kaidan.
After several pictures I was realy dissappointed and the quality did not compare with the 2 shots fisheye pano's.
 I asked for support but without succes. This was indeed the worst investment we ever made !!!

Willem
www.panoview.nl

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-21

That's right I learned the hard way.

The support from www.eyesee360.com was not very helpful either.

Kaidan have also come back to me now saying that the 1 shot solution does not work well with the Coolpix 5000 camera. I find this ironic that I'm told this only after I've purchased the hardware.They should test the equipment first before they sell the solution to consumers.

Below is the quote I received from Kaidan.

Basically saying that the Coolpix 5000 is a dud with the 1 shot solution.

"I will offer this suggestion. I get much better quality from the 995 than I do with the 5000. The 5000 for whatever internal optical reasons doesn't produce the crispness as the 995 or the 4500. I would be willing to send you the 995 adapter for free so that you could perhaps give it another try."

I've been in contact with Kaidan, I'm still awaiting on a reply from them. I believe it's there duty and in there best interests to supply me a alternative or a refund.

Being in Australia I did not have the opportunity to test the equipment prior to purchase.

What do you think guys!!!!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-03-22

Hi conpan,

Mate, sounds like a dud

I had considered buying one of these to use with my Coolpix 4500.

Mmmm, will be giving that some serious thought now!

If you get totally stuck with it, I may be interested in perhaps doing a deal with you maybe/perhaps!

I hope you get the answer you are after from Kaidan.

Message me if you would like to talk as I'm in Australia as well.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-22

I started out using one shot solutions, using the one-shot lens from behere technologies, www.behere.com

The camera used was a coolpix 5000 with the Totalview lens, which is also $999.

After  a lot of experimental shots it was possible to produce nice shots. The main problems encountered  were the white balance, and exposure. It does need to be said that an understanding of the camera is required.

Since setting up my own company, offering 360?iamges, web design etc, I have opted for the Easypano method, simply because I found it to be a cheaper set-up, and I preffered the full 360?which can only be obtained from stitching.

The most important factor to be considered is the location of your shots. Is your scenery going to change in the time it takes to collect your 2/3 images?

I cannot answer for the Kaiden 360, however I found one-shots took a lot more initial perserverance than I expected. However you will find that there will be applications that only a one-shot (at present) will be able to do the job.

ie, crowded exhibitions,  

If you do feel the need to one-shot make sure you do extensive research as there a number of options evolved onto the market, and check to see if your option has a user forum (like this one has, cheers easypano- for 'FULL' 360?shots)

Welcome to my world
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-03-22

why doesnt this forum understand ascii codes, if you hold down the Alt key and type 0186 you get a degree symbol (good tip for anyone trying to type 360 degrees) however this is what you get on the forum ( ?) does any administrators know why...???   : )

cheers

Welcome to my world