panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-29

Virtual Tour/PicturePath hosting services

Are there any competing services new to the market?

I am a vrguild user and had checked out one other group mentioned a while back but they did not seem a better alternative. I was hoping to do some comparative shopping for GUI.

John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-05

lee,

Hometours360virtualtours does not say yahoo distribution.

http://hometour360virtualtours.com/distribution.htm

and they DONT submit the listing.  they only submit the link of the tour.

so that the link gets attached to the listing.

perhaps richard can confirm.

(left out the DONT on the first reply.)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-05

Ahh, I see your point. I must be wrong. I assumed they were submitting the whole listing.

Let me know if you find out anything on this.

General Lee

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-06

Yes, Gen. Lee is right on about Homeseekers and Homes. They are completely seperated from the Realtor.com distribution.

Realtor.com pulls from just about every major mls board in the country. We do not place the listing on the Realtor.com website, we host and/or distribute VT links to the respective listing.

You can list on Yahoo for $50 and they will add it to their real estate section of their website. (a basic classified ad) but their primary real estate content comes from Prudential Real Estate.

I would not call Realtor.com a monopoly, it is just a "must have" if you are serious about being a VT provider in the U.S.. I would say that almost all real estate agents will not even bother with your services with out the distribution of Realtor.com

But lets get past Realtor.com, we are in the works of adding at least 5 more real estate portals to our distribution. Which means "ADDING THE ENTIRE LISTING, plus the VT link", the business is changing and we are trying to stay ahead of the game. Once we have implemented the sites into our website, we will give Easypano a formal announcement.

This will hopefully give our VT providers a step up from the competition while still remaining low in pricing.

Richard

HT360VT Support Team
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-29
Here a few providers with a quick yahoo search

from the Panoweaver website

erealty web

Hometour360virtualtours
(spoke with Rich here. Has a pretty simple business plan, direct from Tourweaver sounds good)

Ok thats it I guess I did a yahoo search picked up 15 or twenty tabs of websites and just finished going through them all. About the only providers I could find are on the panoweaver website. Then again none of the ones listed showed up on my search results either.

Does anyone else have a host for virtual tours they can recommend?

Has anyone seen the lsit of Picture Path Partners providers on Realtor.com lately. They must have lowered the price. The last time I checked it was around 6k annually.

John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-30
I have hometour360virtualtours and love it.

SIMPLE. VERY EASY. VERY AFFORDABLE .... AND IT WORKS!

Customer support is topnotch. They pick up the phone and respond to emails quickly.

r,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-30

Yes, we are still here. Hometour360VirtualTours.com that is, we have geared our site towards the professional virtual tour provider. We now support "direct linking", meaning that you just provide us the virtual tour link and it will be posted just as you intended the tour to look. We do not add our logo or try and fit your tour into our template. This is true for our FTP hosting as well.

We are working on expanding our networks and will pass on the information to Easypano when we do. We agree that Realtor.com is a must, but why stop their.

Giving our clients the distribution to make their tours more desirable is our goal.

HT360VT

HT360VT Support Team
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-30

Richard, Homeseekers and homes is a little different than realtor. com - can you explain how the process works to get the links on those sites?

Your site says *Homeseekers.com & Homes.com tours can only be posted

if the listing exist on those websites.

How do we get the listings there? Thanks.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-30

I would go with hometour360virtualtours. I use them and they have great prices and great service. The direct link is what sold me. I do all custom layouts for my clients with some having more than just panos such and floor plans and info pages. The direct link allows me complete control over the layout and I can control access to the tour. I don't like uploading my source pano files to a server I can't control. But thats just me.

I can answer VT360's question as I have actually called all the other providers. Realtor.com will list any mls listing on their site that they can pull from the public MLS database's who support Realtor.com's API. However, realtors who are paying members and/or have a "featured account" will get their listing to come up first before the public listings.

Homeseekers and Homes.com require the realtor to be a paying member. This means they must pay their fee to get an account. If they have an account then the tours will be posted just like on Realtor.com. Some, but not many Board of Realtor MLS systems have "board memberships" which means any realtor who is a member of that organization can have their listing posted without an individual account just like at realtor.com. If the board is not a member of one of these sites then it is up to the indivudual realtor to get an account.

Hometour360virtualtours will post your tour to these sites just like Realtor.com for the one price but the realtor must have a membership at these sites.

The many real estate portals listed like Yahoo Real estate etc....will list your tours just like it was a normal web page. So no special account is required.

General Lee

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-06-30

Thanks Gen.

Is yahoo pulling the listings from the MLS?

Will a tour link from hometours360virtualtours show up on Yahoo?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-01

Just a point to anybody reading this outside of the USA.

This thread is relevant only to those wishing to add their tours to the US based realtor.com real estate network it is not relevant to the rest of the world.

Just to avoid any confusion.

Regards, Smooth