Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-12

Eagle,

You would need a different

• Footplate
  • Three38 Adapter

The RingT can be used although you will need to unscrew the footplate and replace with the correct version for the MrotatorHDelta. This is not big deal but you have to remove the lens from the RingT to do it. So mark your NPP position.

Actually this is something that could be improved by Agnos. Changing the footplate's should NOT involve removing the lens from the RingT.

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-12
Hi smooth,

That's a shame. I was hoping it would be simpler or that I wouldn't have to remove the lens from the ringT.

Stupid question .... I see on the pictures at the agnos site that the camera is attached to the top of the pole as you described: 7th and 9th picture from the top of the guy demo'ing the product.

My question is if one can take pano shots simply with the ringT, footplate, and three38 adapter, can you use the same set up on a tripod and hence not needing a regular mRotatorTCPs or even the Kit4 with ringT8s?

Am I off on the left field on this? Just trying to understand why an mRotatorTCPs (notwithstanding the weight) is not used with the pole.

Thanks,
eagle

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-12

hmm we are using the RingTS8  on top of the Agnos HD pole.

It really does not matter about the footplate.. that is only to get the gold ring over the center of the center point of rotation on a tripod. 

With ANY POLE an the camera elevated to 16 feet or to full extension.. there is so much top wobbling (about 20 or so inches about the pole top center axis) you have not found the No parallax point anyway.  But it does not make any difference in stitching.  There are are now close objects (with in 3' or 1 meter) at the top.

So you could mount the camera directly to the pole top with no pan head.  The Agno's HD pole has a built in 3/8" connection threaded screw.  You would have to figure out how reduce that and connect the pole top to the camera's 1/4" threaded tripod hole.

Just a thought on the matter

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-12
Hi Dave,

responds with a hmm.... as well.

You're right about the wobble which defeats or makes getting the npp less than easy.

So you are saying that you simply used the "standard" ringT8S and didn't get the foot plate specifically made for the pole?

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-13
Quote: You would have to figure out how reduce that and connect the pole top to the camera's 1/4" threaded tripod hole.[/QUOTE]

this sort of thing must be quite common. Possibly smarter versions to if your trusting an expensive camera to it.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130065609204

HAMA 5121

1/4" male to 3/8" female. Set of 5
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-14

Correct - we used the pole, Agnos RingT8s with the standard foot plate.

We even had the footplate attached to the rotator (locked tight).  The bottom of the rotator already had the 3/8" hole ready for the HD pole 3/8" thread screw.  Weight was not an issue as we raised the pole and pan head assembly one pole section at a time.  Once fully extended... it was only a matter of trying to decide the proper angle of view rotation.  We rotated the pole and guessed at the angle views.

The only reason we used the rotator was because we fixed a Manfrotto quick release plate to the bottom of the rotator.  So we could disconnect the RingT/with quick release plate and remount it to the tripod.

Agno's rotators Mrotator TB and the smaller 3/6 click stop rotator that came with the Mrotator A or B use both 3/8 and 1/4" threaded screws.  Additionally, the footplate that came with these rotators should be able to fit to the THREE38 3/8" adapter plug. Using this adapter plug instead of either click stop rotators will reduce the overall assembly weight.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-14

smooth, i liked your pano.   how much time did u spend on photoshop retouching it? honestly

you got a pic of how you attached the butterfly level?

dave, did you ever put online the backyard elevated pano?

cheers to all

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-15

I would say I put quite a bit of time into the processing and post processing of this panorama image. Nothing less than 1 hour and possibly 2+

The butterfly level attach's to the pole via elastic bands at a hight that suits the user.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-15

Yes,  we have a last summer 'backyard pano' done in both Java and Flash.  You may see it here.  look at at the top right corner of the page.  'small' and 'full screen' are Java and Flash Pack "full screen" is Flash.

http://www.360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

Also you may see a couple we call "Elevated" here.

http://www.360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/bg/boardwalk/index.htm

And this entire collection of panoramas maybe seen here by scrolling 2/3rd page down to "Texas Native Forest Boardwalk".  This is how our client displays them on their website. 

http://www.fwbg.org/gardens.htm

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-15

thanks smooth

nice work dave!  btw, i tried adding u to my msn messeger but either i got

ur old user name or u dont use it no more.