panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-15
texas360@hotmail.com  besure to let the system send me a notice and I will accept
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-12-21

I have been shooting low level elevated photos for about 6months now with a telescoping pole i built.  It goes up about 50ft fully extended,but does have a little play in it.  I noticed you mentioned you did have to re-level... i haven't looked into this rig much, but how do you level the camera from the ground?  It seems as if there might be a lot of trial and error per shot, am i correct?

also here's some still photos i've taken from my rig: http://www.panhandle360.com/aerial-photography.cfm and here's a shot of the rig http://photos.byandrewdavis.com/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5015 maybe this will help others get their "wheels" spinning on more stationary units when single handed.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-12-21

I am going to try the MrotatorR.

It is going to take 3 cameras and 3 lenses.

I plan on trying  3 Nikon D80s or 3 Canon Digital Rebel XTI. I would like to try both but if I am correct I need 6 lenses. From what I understand, I have to buy one set for Nikon and one set for Canon. Sigma Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 EX DG

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W598677800000007598499399219&v_categ_lista=PR001-00007&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORR

I am planning on getting pole also. I am worried about weight.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-28

Hi everybody using the Agnos pole

Do some of you have any experience taking stills with the pole?? If you have a couple of examplesto share I would appreciateit :o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-28

Using a fisheye lens at the top of Agno's pole... should get everything you point the camera at.  Then its a matter of using Panoweaver to stitch 1 photo  and that should flatten it.  Crop it to get  the good stuff in the middle.

A few pole shots may be seen here.  September/ December 2006 and March 2007 "Dave" entries.  I didn't have the pole before then.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/wwp/index.htm

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-04

Just taken delivery of the pole system and impressed with the speed of delivery but I was disappointed with the supporting documentation I got the instructions on how to plug in the remote cord and how to install the pins on the pole, but nothing more. Nothing related to the more important information regarding the T ring(which way round does go and how far does it have to fit round the lens). OK, some of it is trial and error, but when you see your expensive kit being pushed up into mid air, I expected a little more by way of instructions.

I emailed Agnos for further information and was informed that the English manual is still under construction!

Anyway. On my first attempt I discovered that the camera had tilted to the left, probably due to the remote cord pulling on the camera. I had also half expected to use the pole at various different heights but this appears not to be the case, just fixed at 6m. Any comments please?  Click the link to see more.http://www.terrynamvr.co.uk/Tourviewer_p2a.html

Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-15
Hi smooth and Dave,

Just wondering if you've done a few more you'd like to share with us including workflow tips.

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-04

Actually, if you are using the RingT it doesn't matter which side you insert the lens when using it on top of the 20' HD pole.  You do not have to be concerned about the no parallax point at that elevation.  Just make sure that you try your best to keep the pole vertical using the spirit level.  Course that makes stitching a challenge.

We take 4 images with the Canon 20d/ Sigma 8 F3.5 set at INFINITY and F8 for maximum depth of field.  And let the camera decide what shutter speed to use.  [Canon selector set to Aperature Priority A/V)

With the HD pole maximum extended to 20', yes when held vertical the top 1" diameter tapered segment does flex somewhat under the weight of the camera.  In your photo, you can see the affect of the 4 images when looking down at the pole base.  The 1/4 offset image circles indicated the top was off center somewhat.

The HD pole base has the built in clickstop.  If you need the click stop affect.. then you have to fully extend the pole to 20'.  However, you can extend the pole to 4 segments say 16' and then rotate the shaft (not using the clickstop) and turn the pole/camera  to get 4 images at 90 degrees.

Typically we shoot at 16' elevation because of the top bending issue.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-04

Hi Dave

Thanks Dave. OK. The camera was in landscape position(when using my normal setup the bracket holds the camera in portrait position) and how do you stop the camera(once mounted in the T ring) from moving from a vertical position to slightly horizontal as was the case when I tugged on the remote lead.

Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-05

For use on the Agnos HD Pole: When inserting the camera lens through the RingT  I place it on the stationary part of the lens housing... not the focus ring.  If you put it on the focus ring.. then certainly the camera will freely rotate.  The no parallax point (NPP) issue does not apply to pole shots.

When using the RingT on a Tripod... now the NPP is an issue and you must the rig calibrated properly.  I have read in other forums that they find the NPP then set the focus ring to the INFINITY mark and use some type of tape to keep the focus ring from moving.  Not very elegant but functional approach to a fix - 100 mile-an-hour duct tape.  [Tape is capable of keeping things stuck together in a 100 mile an hour wind]  I understand some airplane repairs are made using this tape.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com