panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-14

Yes it is the one on the nodal points page, that says 950 and fisheye, 990port.jpg is the pic. the only differance is mine doesn't have the cork on it.  I just picked it up a few weeks ago at a store in Toronto. So this is a normal thing, what a drag. Somehow a friend of mine who loaned me his camera did it with a 990 bracket. The results are at i360.com

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-15

This is the reply I recieved from Kaidan:

"The Kiwi-L is not designed to be used with a fisheye lens. With some cameras
> the fisheye lens will hit the vertical bracket on the Kiwi-L plus a lot of
> the bracket will be seen in the image. Kaidan does not support the Coolpix
> 950 with a fisheye lens on any of our panheads."

Didn't tell me that on thier website and they didn't tell me at the store I bought it from.  I would have been better off getting a custom one built.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-16

Some of their brackets should work with a 950. 

"They do not support" only means  that they won't help you get into a workable hardware setup.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-22
I recieved a refund from Vitek, the Kaiden dealer in Toronto.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-05
Hi Jimmer,

I just baught the Kaidan 990CS the CS stands for
"Camera Specific" when I placed the cameras mounting knob (and Dave I think you will find this interesting as well) were Kaidan recommends according to the sticker they include with the head..... I do all most get a completely round level bubble disk in the bottom of the FE with also a very prominent front of the L corner in the shot. This sticks out like a sore thumb and will not be covered by an ordinary sized tripod cap. Boy would this be very annoying to have to paint out every time if one was happy with ones pano. Dave my question to you is once you cut that portion of the bracket off did it effect the stability of the bracket? It seems like quite an oversight on a rather otherwise nicely designed bracket. I wonder if kaidan is aware of this?

very curious,
Jack   
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-05

Yes, a friend of mine bought one and took a few pictures.. saw the spike on the right side of the image..in each picture.  We took a few more pictures of the pan head and then decided it was the lower corner of the L braket... right at the 'turn up' position.  Kaidan.. made it a rounded sloped curve up to the vertical portion of the L bracket.  It would have been better if they had just made it a sharp 90 degree turn up.  Seems like it was an asthetic approach to making the corner bend.  As a result that small bit or rounded corner shows up in the image. 

He called Kaidan and asked about the spike and what we found.  They knew about it.  He had to paid the return shipping cost... and they agreed not to charge him a restocking fee.

Yes, that is why I have not upgraded panorama heads.  Ill wait for the next design.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-05-05

Just to let people know this problem does not exist with the Kaidan QuickPan III CS for the Nikon Coolpix 4500 that I have ever noticed.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-06

Show and tell time:

To see what everyone is talking about... I made a test page.  In the top image tilt down and you can see 3 small wings.  The wings are the lower right corner 90 degree "turn" up the the vertical plate edge on the panorama head.  You can actually see it in each single image (not shown on web page).  They were either using a 995 or 990 not sure right now and one of those Kaidan QP III CS.

To fix that I put a floating tripod cap to cover all.  Yes it is ok to do a view source and look at our code.  The bottom one.. shows the code string to put the floating cap.  The cap is a 200 x 200 pixels transparent .gif circle I made in Photoshop.  The 'wait' or loading image is a 408 x 270 pixel .jpg

http://360texas.com/tips/rd/kitchen/index.htm

By the way.. that is not my image series.  It belongs to a friend of mine in Zurich Switzerland.  They just returned from a vacation in South of France.. and that was their hotel room.

The CHALLENGE WAS TO GET THE FLOOR TILE to match up.

Hope that helps

PS. I HATE FLOOR TILE ! But PW3.01 did a good job manually stitching.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-02
Hi Markus,

Sorry about the late reply. Yeah been having the same problem. I'm wondering about putting in a larger bearing some how would do the trick?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-02
Hi Dave,

Damn.....is that your office lobby in the panos. If it is
pano work has been very, very good to you my friend!!!!

Jack

Hey smooth! Thanks for bumping that topic up. Reading it again made me realize I must have an awful lot of hot air to be that long winded. Cheers Mate!