>
>   John Fellers thought folks on this forum might be interested in some
>   software I've been working on.  I just put up a new website at
>   pictosphere.com which offers a commercial license for using this
>   software.  It is beta 0.4, but I am selling it now because it seems
>   folks desire to get licensed.  So the commercial license for the
>   software includes a license under my patents.  Hope to hear some
>   constructive criticism.  I'll be posting some "bugs and future
>   enhancement" web pages probably tomorrow.
>
>   -ford

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-13

Hello Everyone,

Seeing that ip*x bought their license from Ford Oxaal, does anyone know if Easypano are in the process of doing the same? - if yes, is there an estimated time frame as to when this would happen?

Regards

Herbz

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-21

Correct me if I am wrong.

If *pix had to purchase a license from Ford, then *pix can not bring a lawsuit on anyone. They can not sue me anymore than I (with proper license) can sue any one of you for using easypano. Ford is the man that we need to be square with...correct?

Also, I agree with a prior post. I like the way panoweaver is setup. I would like the chance to be able to stitch all photos with panoweaver and then shoot them thru Fords software to code them after I have finished all touchup work. I will happily pay the $499 for the peace of mind.

You know what I would like even more?....glad you asked...I would like for easypano to get the Pictosphere?Enterprise License. This would make life a bit easier. I would even be glad to pay an extra $100 to easypano to help cover the cost of the license. If everyone done the same, we are set !!

Feel free to tell me I am wrong...My wife does all the time..hehe

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-21

on an unrelated note.

I purchased the names RealtyandRentals.com and .net

What do you guys think?...good names?

Also, did anyone else feel the pain of Realtor.com changing their "copy paste and banner" setup?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-05-21

Would seem these names have been registered for some time? Well at least the .com has.

Did you just acquire them? Personally I think the name is ok, but a little long for a URL (seen much worse though) 

Just my opinion, you did ask!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-21

I have had the names for a few months but have not sent them out into the World yet. I am looking into some advertising soon and was thinking that would be a good time to get them up and running as a mask url address

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-27
Hi Forum,

Yeah to answer a few of the questions. It was explained to me that I am as protected as *Pix is from litigation after having purchased said licence/software from Minds- EYE-View, Inc AKA Ford Oxaal. The reason I believe it is worded that way is becouse Ford...(and this is my opinion)... was able to prove "prior artwork" in his litigation with *pix ergo prior use of the technology (seaming two or more hemispherical images together) that *pix was claiming to have developed and kicking everybodys collective butts for using. But Ford cannot be a fortune teller and has no idea if there exists another party out there who can possible prove prior artwork before him. He can only guarantee that *pix won't sue you becouse of the case he one against them.
     So Zjoker you are correct at this time Ford is the man to settle with. I read at his web site that as other third party developers pay the licencesing fees for their softwares they will be added to his website as I would imagine associate sites . I Quote " 4. If I build a business in the United States which uses fisheye lenses and third party camera mounting equipment to shoot spherical panoramas, and uses neither Click Away?nor iPIX to build and publish spherical panoramas to the web, am I exposed to patent lawsuits from third parties.

Yes. Although we are in the process of negotiating licenses with other software vendors who desire to get in, or remain in, the spherical photography software business, until you see a link on the Pictosphere?website to that product, it is not licensed and your business is at risk."
       But until Ford's software matures for example there is no linking software like PTScripter.... bottom line for my peace of mind I stitch using Ford's software to establish the MAC info and post my linked tours using PTScripter. Because I'm technologically challenged as Smooth can attest too I'm not sure if the MAC info follows the image files all the way through the process. Meaning when I read the code I'm not sure what the MAC info reads as. There is some ISO and then what appears to be a serial number . I don't know if thats it or not.
        I hope that doesn't make every thing as clear as mud
for everyone! TTYL

Jack

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-04-23

Very, Very Interesting!!!

Thanks for posting that Dave,

Hmmm, now I need too find a spare $499.00 US. Anyone need some pano oops! Picto work done? lol

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-26
Hi Forum,

Smooth you kill me! Sorry been absent. Been working on some panos. Yeap Dave you beat me to the posting. I snaped up the license right away! The software is in its infintcy but Ford says he is shooting for best in its class and I believe him. He is ofcourse real open to feedback and input at this time. And hey how about the piece of mind that your not going to get sued for building a VT business. I'll tell you boys thats worth the price of admission right there!!! Ford says he is willing to licence whole companies as he did *pix. Wouldn't it be neat if Panoweaver got on board. I qoute from hi FAQs
"4. If I build a business in the United States which uses fisheye lenses and third party camera mounting equipment to shoot spherical panoramas, and uses neither Click Away?nor iPIX to build and publish spherical panoramas to the web, am I exposed to patent lawsuits from third parties.

Yes. Although we are in the process of negotiating licenses with other software vendors who desire to get in, or remain in, the spherical photography software business, until you see a link on the Pictosphere?website to that product, it is not licensed and your business is at risk."
        There are some posting issues such as it puts a MAC stamp in the code verifying it has been published from his uthorized software. Importing into Photoshop removes this info apparently so you have to re-import into his software the touched up version and publish to put the MAC info back in. Also for this reason if you were thinking of buying his software to get the license and going ahead and posting/publishing with Panoweaver (like I thought I could) thinking you are in the clear eahhhhhh!!!!! Wrong!!!! You need this MAC info present. And thats not MAC as in the Apple sense of the word but MAC as in (Message Authentication Code) in its HTML headers. O.k. Smooth in english please? Anyway just wnted to share with the forum

Jaack
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-04-26

Hey Jack,

Where you been, you never call anymore.......lol

OK, I believe the (MAC) will be in the "photo" information that is (the text information) within a final .jpg image. You can read this information with software programs, like the Meta-Data EXIF you read with Photoshop, Nikon View, and Irfanview etc.

I have played somewhat with the program demo! I find it quite good though a little basic so far! I think it really needs to be able to re-import a FINAL stitched image so that it can output the FINAL edited image with the (MAC) information. I personally believe this is a must have feature.

I just emailed Ford and asked a few questions and I await his reply, from past experience I believe he will answer. I really need to know if the license will be good and stand up to iP*X here in Australia and I also asked about the fact that iP*X have motioned appealing the patent ruling and what the "Click Away" policy will be should that happen.

I must say the way you can align the images with Click Away is the best I have seen for ease of use.

I find it all very exciting! But at $811.00 AUD it is quite expensive if it does not give us Aussie the same protection as you blokes in the States.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-04-26
So on top of all the money I paid Easypano I need to fork out more to the Oxaal guy? Why didn't Easypano warn me against this?