panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-13

flash viewer with zoom

anybody  seen a good object vr flash player

with hi definition zoom?  (meaning the image doesnt loose quality when zoomed)

thanks

to be used for object modeling  or 3d object model

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-13

hmm

Here is a free flash object template you can use.  It was found on FlashKit.com several years ago.  The .fla is suitable for FlashMX.

It has 36 cells  for 36 images or every 10 degrees on a turntable.

Regarding Zoom/in for detail- sorry no zoom. And you have to manually mouse drag the image for rotation.  Maybe taking zoomed IN close can substitute.

The image of the person you see wearing slacks is a test model.    The .fla  has 36 cells, however I only took 12 images.  Loaded 3 sets of 12 to fill all the cells. We have a project next saturday requiring 36 individual images.

Typically what we do, is shoot raw, take them into Photoshop CS2 Adobe Raw converter and select all 36 12mb images to balance the color temperature and maybe a tweak or 2.  Then save all out to normal .jpeg's.  After that we reduce ALL to 240 wide x 360 high pixel dimensions and save for web to get the file size down to around 18 - 20kb.   20kb x 36 images = 720kb estimated Flash .swf size.  Flash player adds some overhead size.. probably end file size will be around 1 mb. 

Embedded in the 328kb download sample fla already are 240 x 360 15kb pictures of numbers 1 - 36.  So as you test the movie you will see the numbers rotating.

Why go from a file size of (using a Canon 5d and a 28 - 135mm at 120mm RAW and a 2gb compact flash)  12mb down to 20kb ?  Client wants some of the singles for other uses. 

Why 20kb thumbnails ?  More images in the flash.. the larger the end file size.  15kb is probably better.. but you start loosing quality and detail if you go too small.

I have had this one parked on the page for several years.

http://www.360texas.com/services/om/index.htm

Or if you do not have Adobe Flash try using Easypano Model Weaver 2 found here http://www.360texas.com/services/software/ep/indexeasypano.htm

Hope this helps,

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-13

g'day mate!

surely does help,

the  (download zipped .fla 382kb ,  will give me what i need to

produce something like what u did?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-13

The download zip gives you a working template.

Added note from above ...  I just finished doing pre-work on 2 objects - 1 cell phone  and 1 panorama head - Agno's RingT for the Nikkor 10.5 lens.  Both 36 image object models.  More images smoother rotation.. less jerkiness between views.

Work throught to the set with the .jpegs.  Resize all of them to 240x360 this will produce a new set of thumbnails that are about 18kb each.

Then in Photoshop SAVE for WEB jpeg, baseline type, and around 39 QUALITY.  Look down below your 2 UP views (original and new image) and it should read around 9 kb to 12 kb  depending on the color and detail in the image.  Save - Replace over old file,  return to the image on the screen, and close.. when asked to save.. say no.  BECAUSE you already saved it as a 8 or 9kb image... do not want to save OVER the newer smaller one.  9k x 36 = 324kb + overhead = around 700kb .swf

You will need FLASH MX to add these images into the FLA work file.

Or if you do not have Adobe Flash try using Easypano Model Weaver 2 found here http://www.360texas.com/services/software/ep/indexeasypano.htm

Hope that helps

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-13

Ok I uploaded a the 36 image flash object model of Agno's RingT for the Nikkor 10.5 lens.  Each of the images were 9 -12kb.  Final Flash .swf file was only 384kb.   It turned out rather well.  Go figure.

Look in the left column for RingT  and and click on flash 384kb.  You will need to mouse click it couple times.. and then drag it to the left or right and it will start.

http://www.360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-14

loads fast and scrolls smoothly!

i see what u did...goig for the chromatic background so u can touch it up easily?

have you attempted to change the blue background for white in photoshop?

i hear that to make it easier, make sure the blues are all the same tone, and equally lit.  think how they do it in a portrati studio.

u might want to check out this tutorial. as it appears that no clicking oand draggin is required.

http://www.gmg.com.au/assets/tutorials/flash-mx-object-vr/index.html

a left right and pause button would be a nice touch ;)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-15

I used a blue drop cloth for the background. Cut a circle from the blue drop cloth and placed it on the turn table under the object.

Canon Rebel XT (350d)
Canon 18 - 55 @ 48mm x 1.6 crop factor 76.8mm)
ISO 100
Custom white balance (the thing with the white piece of paper)
Focal lenth 48mm (76.8)
f4.5 (shallow 8cm (3") depth of field)
Manual Focus

The very shallow depth of field made the fore and background go OUT of focus, while the object stayed in focus.

I guess I could have used MACRO option.. but did not.

NO photoshop was done on any of the 36 single images.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-15

Hola senor. Or "hej" as we say in Denmark

I strongly suggest that you check this link:

http://www.yawah.com/demo/fsi-3d.html 

if you are interested in a superior way of producing object photography with zoom capabilities. I really think that their technology is superior. The only reason I have not invested in this technology is that I do not believe that there is a market for object photography in Denmark. Also I don't know much about regular photography so I  would need a lot of improvement to take propper pictures of the objects.

You can also check http://www.360foto.dk/HTML_DK/Objekt/Flash/GAL_01.html for more examples.

Best regards

Morten Andersen 

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-18

hey morten, yawah is expensive!  :(  but is probably the nicest out there right now.

daves, if you bring your images to photshop and magic wand select the blue,

press delete, you will have a nice white backround!  :)

set magic wand tolerance to 70, antialias, contiguous.

you might still need a little photoshop eraser here and there.

however, i think it would be easier to just start with a white background.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-09-18