panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-10-14
I think ill take you up on that what is the hourly fee us dollars?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-11-06

smooth,

how u can a export the pano to flash ?

how???

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-11-06

vvilanova,

you can use pano2qtvr to produce flash pano.

r,
pixel

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-10-15

my own quick version of what smooth did, using the original

images posted at the beginning of the tread. I didnt use the up shot. but

rather photoshop.

low resolution quicktime  should be 336 kb

click to see here

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-10-15
Quote: Originally posted by use2bkewl on October-14-2006
I think ill take you up on that what is the hourly fee us dollars?

Contact me via Private Message or Email me via my website with your details.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-10-16

Smooth:

You are always great with your help to all the members.  Can I get a clarification on a point at no charge?   When you say to not shoot the sun straight on does that imply putting the sun on a seam? 

Thanks again for all of your help...
TTurner

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-10-16

You can place the sun on a seam but really it is better to place the sun offset and not directly in the middle of the lens. Harsh reflection off the mirror can be an issue when trying to keep even exposure between shots even when you have all your manual settings in place and using the AE-L.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-10-16

Smooth,

Thanks for taking the time to download my photos and create the tour, however,

while I can take constructive criticism, I do take exception to the fact that you assume I am too lazy to take the time to learn things on my on first. I never thought that just buying the most expensive equipment I could would make me a master. I've spent a lot of time working on this, but it isn't my life, and I was frustrated that after spending time - much more than "minimal learning and effort" -  and money my results weren't better.

When I took these shots, I did everything you mentioned in your response except shoot in RAW. All stuff I did learn on this and other forums. It's not that I "can't be bothered" to shoot in RAW, but I'm trying to get a decent workflow that allows me do this and all  the other stuff I have to do. If that's the only thing keeping me from making good tours, I'll happily change.

The 360 head I got after using Kaidan and Really Right Stuff heads previously, and what I liked about the 360 head was that it was compact enough for transport without losing the nodal position and that the camera could be easily mounted and dismounted. Since I have to shoot still shots at the same time as the panoramas, that was important. But if it's the head keeping me from making good tours, I'll happily change.

What I would have liked to have heard from you was how you created the tour you posted from my photos - did you spend a lot of time in Photoshop blending it, etc - not just another RTFM response.

I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful, and I guess I have, but I found your reply to be more than a little condescending.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-10-16

Yeah I want everything for nothing also!

TCarr,

When I reply it is not only to you, it is a "in general" response for all others who may read the post (now) and in the future. If I'm personally directing a response at you or to somebody else I either "quote" them or use their name either personal or forum nickname.

Get out of it what you will. If you think it's all about you and it's condescending "so be it". (It's all in your mind)

Like I said, it's all been answered before.... use the search function if you really want to learn.

I've got better things to do than receive pot shots from newbies after offering quality free advise after you, yourself started the thread and chucking a "tanty" because after spending X and getting X you can't get a result better then your old Coolpix set up.

You asked for an opinion - you got one (Better then that you got to see a result) with an explanation!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-10-16

Thanks for your assistance. I'll keep working at it.

Tom