panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-11-06

Need a help with my equipaments

Hi,

I'm from brazil.. this is my history:

I buy a Canon rebel(20D) + SIGMA 8mm + NODALNINJA3 + Tripod Manfrotto 190CL + bubble level + PANOWEAVER 4.00(1 month ago)

i make various tests... and more tests... results:

1 - The NN3(pano head) is horrible! not fucionally.. the CANON rebel is very weighed for the NN3, parallax is impossible to remove..

2 - after buy... read the manual... of panoweaver... so... the sigmca 8mm not make 180 photos.. with the CANON, only CANON 1DS, where focus distance is 1.0 in the canon 20D is 1.x... so... i never can make a panorama with 2 photos(circular fisheye), only drum... :( drum.. its so bad... more photos.. more parallax with my NN3.

3 - i make the first demo site, i get clients...
..... and in my first job, FIRST JOB!!! lost my camera and my sigma lens!!! ASSAULTED!

Yes.... i dont have luck... in Brazil.. the dollar is $1 = R$ 2.40 of  REAL, my currency.

then.... i have the panoweaver + trippod + NN3.

here my questions:

What a buy to save my panorama company ? i lost my HONDA to save this company!!!

1 - Buy a FC-E9 lens + adapter ring + MrotatorB + any coolpix(what best coolpix to buy.. "best" the coast and beneficts) ?

2 - buy again a sigma 8mm + canon rebel ?

3 - what the best combo(lens+camera+rotator) ?? with a good price ? send-me links

3 - or.. I give up and I am in the prejudice... ?

4 - 1 month ago, i now about the PANOWEAVER 5, paid 600$ for the version 4 :( the upgrade, is not free in the future, i now... :(

please, help-me.... with yours experiences.

* sorry my terrible english! :)

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-11-06

The Nodal Ninja 3 is a fine panorama head and works very well with the Canon Rebel and Sigma 8mm (only once the correct NPP is found) and this is quite easy!

NPP = No Parallax Point

Using this set up you must shot a minimum of 4 shots in portrait mode in rotation and this will produce the images to be stitched with Panoweaver 4.0 in "Drum" format. You can if needed shoot  "T" (top) and "B" (bottom) shots to stitch "Drum" 4+TB.

You are best to buy the same combination again. Canon + Sigma. The Nodal Ninja 3 will be absolutely fine for a panohead with this set up.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-11-07

if needed shoot  "T" (top) and "B" (bottom) shots to stitch "Drum" 4+TB.

with Nikon 8700 + FC-E9, with 2 shots(circular) i make the panorama..

which the prejudice? in use a FC-E9(2 shots) or SIGMA 8mm ?

Question 2: The nodal ninja works with Nikon 8700 + FC-E9 ?

Question 3: The Agnos is must better of NN3, correct?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-11-07

The Nodal Ninja 3 will NOT work with Nikon 8700 + FC-E9 it is too long.

The Agnos Panorama head is superior YES! Stronger and "Professional" but the Nodal Ninja 3 is the best cheapest panohead on the market and it's also the lightest.

Using the FC-E9 on a Nikon Coolpix 8700 you are "best" to shoot 3 shots. The Sigma 8mm is for DSLR cameras not the Nikon Coolpix. It is a superior lens fitted to a superior camera.

Regards, Smooth