panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-05-26

Quality loss on Kaidanhead turn picture

Hi there

Dave and I were discussing wether the CCW and CW turning feature in Panoweaver allready results in quality loss (when using .jpg right from the camera)

I used to just import 3 jpg hemispheres and then save as bmp to make fixes in Photoshop.

If turning would result allready in quality loss (even if not saving as jpg again) it would mean that I would have to convert the 3 .jpg first to bmp. Then use Panoweaver and then save as bmp again to fix in Photoshop.

Opinions from users are welcome.

Answer from panoweaver programmers are appreciated.

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-02

Please rest assured there is no quality loss for Kaidan Pano Head turning feature. 

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-06-02

Hi all,

If you open a .jpg directly from your camera and then rotate the image there is NO loss of image quality until you "save" BUT! if you save straight away to a lossless format like .bmp, .png, .tiff you will not lose any quality as you are not compressing.

Hope this helps, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-03

Thank's for the answers. That's what I figured. So I feel save to keep working the way I did.

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)