panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-18

Ip*x sues Ford Oxaal over patent

Check this report that indicates that Ip*x are sueing Ford Oxaal

link to report:

Some of us know Ford Oxaal... I'd be interested to know more.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-07-09
Hello Forum,

I must clear the air on this issue as I feel I owe
everyone who I may have lead estray an appology. You must understand that for two and a half years I have been waiting for a solution to this intellectual properties issue. I cannot tell you how it has held up my plans to establish a VT presence and business here in upstate NY. My intentions were honerable when I first got the news about Fords site and the ability to license the technology. I was so excited I wanted to be the first to herald the news to the forum. Dave from 360 texas beat me to it but as he has the good sense to say " this is not legal advice" a statement that unfortunately should prefis any other comments anymore on the subject if your going to mention the unmentionable you know who. As one member so appropriately wrote iP*x is like that unmentionable item that you try to flush but it keeps comming back! Bravo for that description. I don't think I'll let go of that image for the rest of my days!! At the news released I am sure I was one of the first to lay down my hard earned cash to purchase my license from Ford as I shared the news with the forum. So I put my money where my mouth was.... purchasing what I thought was to be my freedom from the scurge itself but it would seem that I was also wrong about iP*x's ability to take further legal action and sue again! So I have taken steps to forge ahead and I have invested in a one shot system. Hoping this summer to finally get my concern going. I'm not waiting in the shadows of any contoversy anymore. As far as Ford's future is concerned I wish him well and good luck in his battle. I hope he can once again arises victoriosly in his plight. Untill there is other news this die hard stitcher is going to see how the other half lives....finally taking the enterprise commercially that is. To all who listened to me and plunked your hard earned cash on the line my most humble appolgies once again. We all fell victoms to these most uncertain of times of technology and litigation. I hope this story is not over and I hope a clear solution to the full 360 degree technology becomes clear!

Jack

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-07-10

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your posting! I wouldn't think anyone would be pointing the finger at you!

As a matter of interest have you been in contact with Ford? If so can you tell us where he believes he stands or any comment that has been made on the matter?

I have kept an eye on his website, but alas nothing has changed that I have seen.

As usual in this industry things are as clear as mud!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-18
Today the European Union effectively allowed all software patents in Europe:
link1

I'm not sure... but I think this means that Ip*x patents may therefore be valid in Europe... This may mean that I'm infringing on the patents...
Whooppeee...
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-18
I give up.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-06-18

Here we go again!

Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-18

Oh boy - does that mean we can legally type the word Ipix in the forum now?
I'm glad I didn't spring $500 for that Click Away software, I'd be very irritated right now if I had done that.

It appears the cloud has once again fallen over the vt market and it resembles
the Ipix logo if you squint just right when you look at it....

RG
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-19

Ip*x - The word 'floater' comes to mind. (____ that refuses to flush)

Am i right in thinking that Ip*x patents do not cover the 3 fisheye pano method, or is it just wishful thinking?

Also,

Has anyone heard of the new charges that Rea*tor.con have introduced? It has pissed off alot of realtors who under the new system will be charged the annual renewal fee based on the number of listings they have - seems like active realtors who list 20+ properties/yr will have to fork out an additional $500+ for their websites. A sucessful realtor i work with was just quoted $3,200 for renewal!!. 

The interesting thing is that they are not telling anyone - only when it is time to renew, they spring all these new charges on you.

Alot of sucessful realtors, put off by this are investing in their own websites. There are developers out there who have agreements with local MLS services to incorporate MLS searches into the realtors website.

Slowly but surely there is a community beginning to develop that is not reliant on rea*tor.com.

Have a nice one

HBZ

"Edited by moderator"

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-20
So... what about u guys who spent $500 on Ford's patent... What have ur enquiries setablished? Has Ford commented over this matter?
(Is it me or are these pages somewhat quiet as of late???
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-24

I thought all this crap was over when iPiss purchased the lisence from Ford.

I though this matter was settled out of court, so there was no worry with an appeal.

Sounds to me like iPiss feels as if they are still in total control here.

has Ford pulled one over on us, or is this just another attempt to bully us out of the market?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-24
I have still not got any further data on this matter. I was actually hoping to get a statement from Ford on this one. I'm somewhat dissapointed that he's been so silent. (On this and other pages) A number of writers on this Forum seem to have close contact and even advertised his wares on these pages. I'd say there's a certain moral responsibility of these participants to clear the air somewhat.
As far as the Ip*x issue is concerned, my read is that Ip*x have paid a one off fee to Oxaal not as part of them obtaining a licence but in form of a council fee. ie that there patents still stand and that he was paid for services delivered. Them sueing him is down to the fact that he's still selling something tgo which Ip*x claims ownership... hence payment.
Now this read may be very wrong... Pls correct me.