panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-01

"action" panoramas

Hi

I want to expand the use of my panoramas, and I think that many customers would benifit from panoramas from social events. It could be used as a marketing tool for returning events as exhibitions, or to promote a happening etc. Do any of yo have any experience in this area?? I would like to see some examples. And I would love to hear about your experience when shooting the pictures for such panoramas. What do I have to be carefull about??

Best regards

MOrten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-01

For Internet and other media displays "photography releases" of people whose faces can be recognized. 

One experience I had at a Carribean Resort was out by the swimming pool.  The comment made was - that man sitting at the edge of the pool... the lady next to him................................  MIGHT NOT BE HIS WIFE !!!

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-01
Hi Morten,

My experience is limited... But I have been taking more photos with people. I have seen a lot of great action panos on the web. Here is one I did last week at an event here on my University Campus:

MLK Event

As you can see with a bit slower shutter speed some folks tend to blur, not so if the lighting was better. I sort of like the slight blur here and there because it implies action. Other might say it is sloppy.

One thing I do is take several shots... I might take a few at each rotation or I might do 2 or 3 full rotations. Then I have more to work with later on the computer and can take the 4 images I like best, since people move and sometimes I don't like the look.

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-01

Hmmm ok.. I saw both the first one.. then the one done with Flash.

People do move, and you worked that to your advantage.  Only a few people.. are recognizable.  However with a little photoshop small area blur their face can become unrecognizable.

Suggest setting your intial view to zoom into around 90.  At the moment your image loads up zoomed far out.. and creates barrel distorted.  Using the Shift key you can zoom in 1/2 way.. and the scene looks natural.

Other than that.. good job with people.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-01
Dave,

Thanks for the tips! I like your comment about the zoom level, I noticed it looked a little funny in places, I will play with my zoom level in the future. I never considered the idea of a slight face blur... great thought.

Thanks!

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-02

Hi Kevin & Dave

I might have to do a couple of panoramas for an exhibition this March. That is why I really need your tips and tricks.

ABOUT RECOGNITION. If I get the permission to shoot the panoramas for the people responsible for the exhibition, then I would think that it is their job to make sure everybody is ok with the idea that they might be seen in the panoramas. or am I missing something?

@ Kevin.

Yes I also considered the idea to take serveral shots to have somethin to choose from. Nice to see your result. I have made a couple of panoramas from a camping sight with people, but I am more nervous when it is an indoor panorama I have to do.

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve