panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-30

Easy Blending of Panos - Seam?

I've just "graduated" from PhotoVista multi-shot cylandrical pans to PW's sphericals and am having some difficulty in balancing the images so that there is not a (very!) discernible seam.

I've tried PW's suggestion of using AE-lock (Nikon 4500) but since I also use Fred Miranda's dynamic range improvement (DRI) action for Photoshop to get better overall light balance for inside shots (see http://www.DFWVirtualTours.net/CBDFW for samples), I find it cumbersome to have to reset the AE lock between the two images (over- and underexposed).

Even utilizing the AE-lock option, I have yet to get a clean transition from one hemisphere to the other.

The question, then, is if there is some easy way - e.g., a PS7 action, plug-in, etc. - of somehow determining the variation between the two hemispheres and adjusting them so that the seam is not so readily apparent?

My first attempt at this can be seen at http://209.163.187.238/tour.cfm?ID=105.

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Duke Lane
mailto:Duke@DFWVirtualTours.net
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-30

Duke,

If you do not want the seam, I would recommend using a 3 shot Pano with Your exposure locked.     It is going to be hard to get both of your hemispheres exactly the same using  dynamic range improvement.   Also, become best friends with your photoshop program.

Scott

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-30

How can I shoot a 3 shot Pano with my IP$X mount?

Or do I have to buy a different tripod mount?

I'm a convert from IP$X and would like more information about this.
I also have a difficult time with AE lock and black lines.

Thanks,

-Chris

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-30

Hello Chrisarndt,

Your rotator probably only has 2 click stops. One located at the zero mark 0 and the other at the 180 degree mark.

Mark on the top cap a single index mark. You will align it to three index marks on the lower rotator ring. 

Line up the top and bottom index marks on zero.   It is ok to use the 0 degree starting postion, but you will have to make 2 new index points  1 index point at 120 degrees and another at 240 degrees. 

So the rotation process is this:  take your first image at zero 0, rotate your head to the new mark 120 degrees.  Skip passed the old 180 degree click stop.  Rotate to the 240 mark and take your third shot.

The next step will be to stitch your 3 new images.  Panoweaver Pro 3.01 does a good job at that process.

Hope that helps

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-06-30

Dave,

Thank you very much. I look forward to trying this out. Unfortunately, I will be away for a while. But, when I return I will try it out and let you know how it worked. Thank you again!

-Chris