panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

Help with new knowledge

Hi everybody.

Do any of you know where I can find a good web site, or a good program that can help me correct the lines in a picture taken with a fisheye so it can be used as a regular still image??

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

Photoshop!

If your not capable perhaps you might like to employ me to do it?

Have you looked at PTLens?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

Hi Smooth

Do you know any tutorials that cover this subject?

I have just downloaded PTlens. I can't figure out how it works by just opening the program, so I guess I will have to read the user manual.

Unfortunately there is not enough money in this project for me to hire you. Also I think there will be a demand for it from other clients as well, so I have to try and learn it my self.

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

How about using PTEditor and extracting the view from the panorama image?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

Hi Smooth - My hero

Yes it looks like a great opportunity. I guess it is somewhat the same as a screen print.

Today I had a meeting with an architect and they might also want part of the panoramas to be used for print. If I take a screen print or use PTEditor then the resolution will only be 72dpi and that is not sufficient for print.

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

Using PTEditor you can retain whatever DPI you put in, you then can extract the view out in the same DPI! So if you have a 300DPI (8bit) panorama .tif file you open PTEditor and browse to you panorama.tif file. View it in the editor - pan to the desired view and extract that view in 300DPI (8bit) .tif format. (at least to the best of my knowledge)

Regards, Smooth