panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-05

Re-Install - CONFIG.DAT on Desktop?

I've just added a new HDD (G:) and moved "My Documents" to the new, larger drive. This includes all images, etc. When I attempted to run PanoWeaver Pro for Widows, it asked for my license keys again, which I entered.

Two files (CONFIG.DAT and REGISTER.INI) were created on my desktop. I deleted them and re-ran PWP with the same results.

I don't need my desktop any more cluttered than it already is! How do I get rid of these, or how can I tell PWP to look elsewhere for them? Will returning "My Documents" (or any of its subdirectories) to the C: drive relieve this?

I don't want to run any of my other EZ apps (EXE, Scripter, etc.) until this is resolved ....

Thanks for you help!

Duke

Duke Lane
mailto:Duke@DFWVirtualTours.net
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-06

This one will need to be answered by Seaman.  They should be checking in soon.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-07

Dukester,

I recently did the same as you, upgrading HD's.  I reinstalled Panoweaver and set the path for my older HD which now is D:  I just changed the c: it gave to d:.  My CONFIG.DAT and REGISTER.INI  files are located in D:\Program Files\Easypano\Panoweaver 3.01 Professional Edition.

Hope this helps,  I have no files from panoweaver on my desktop except for a shortcut to run the program which I put there.

Scott

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-07

Thanks, Scott. I got a message from Support suggesting a re-install, which I did and the problem seems to be resolved. It still doesn't tell me why it happened in the first place. Oh well.

Duke Lane
mailto:Duke@DFWVirtualTours.net