panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-26

Progressive QTVR

Does anybody know how can I create, on a windows PC, a progessive downlodable QTVR movie ?

I have found a software named "delivraptor" whiche does that, but only on a macintosh...

Phil, French Guiana
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-08-26

Try www.zoomify.com they offer software that does what you are looking for.

This was pointed out by Dave at 360texas.com some time back

Hope this helps, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-26

The problem is I want that everybody is able to progressively download my QTVR without having to install another plugin as Zoomify...

I know that this is possible, but I don't know how. I think its when I encode my QTVRS, but I dont know  which software I have to use.

Phil, French Guiana
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-08-27

Question.  By progressive you mean 'streaming' ?  Where the image starts downloading and is displayed in segments until the image is fully loaded?

MP3 music is an example of streaming.

Completed .jpg panoramas saved in Photoshop or your favorite photo editor in the "Progressive" compression method is an image that displays gradually from top to bottom as a series of scans showing increasing detailed viewing of the entire image.  Progressive JPEG images are slightly larger in file size requiring more ram for viewing and is not supported by all applications and browsers.

Sometimes progressive panoramas appear in the viewer to be streaming.

The question would be:  while creating a panorama in QTVR can it be saved as a JPEG format using the 'progressive compression method'.

Hope this helps

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com