panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-06

Dissapointed :(

I've been an Easypano Panoweaver customer for 4 years, doing pano shots pretty much as a hobby. I get an average of about 1 paying shoot a year.

I recently switched from PC to Mac. Obviously, I want to keep using Panoweaver, so I contacted Easypano and asked if they offered any "side-grade" prices to upgrade from Panoweaver Pro 3.01 for Windows to Panoweaver 4 for Mac.

I was hoping that, since it was a $100 upgrade to go from Win 3 to Win 4, that they would give me the same deal to go from Win 3 to Mac 4. Especially since the Mac version isn't being developed for anymore. Sadly, they wouldn't budge. Even after a LOT of begging.

Important: This is not a rant, nor is it a complaint. I understand that business is business, and they have to do what they have to do. I simply wanted to express how disappointed I am that I can't afford to continue using such a fine product.
- Scott
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-06

Hi Scott

I know absolutely nothing about Mac computers, but I have been told that there is a program called "virtual pc" or something like that - that you can install on a Mac to use programs and applications that are developed for Pcs and Windows.

Again I might be wrong, but someone else will most likely be able to tell you more about it.

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-06-06
"Bootcamp" allows you to dual-boot a Mac to OS X or Windows. "Parallels" allows you to run Windows in an OS X window. Both require purchasing a copy of Windows, which, unfortunately, boosts that upgrade price right back up to near full version price.

Thanks for the idea, though.
- Scott