panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-01

Setting up a Canon 5D

Hi all

This question goes out to those using a Canon 5D with a Sigma 8mm.  Have been using a Nikon Coolpix up till now so this camera's a whole new type of beast for me.  Can someone offer me a quick outline of how the set up the Canon to best work with this lens?

With my Nikon, I was able to create a custom set up which locked the AE, recognised the fisheye lens, chose spot metering, etc.  I immediately came unstuck with the Canon as the only method to lock the AE is by holding down the * button.  Not really ideal when you're out and about.  Am I missing something? 

Also, do I need to run this in manual mode or in 'C' in order to save a custom setting?

Thanks in advance

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-07-02

No need for the AE-L in Manual Mode with the Canon.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-02

Thanks Smooth, so it is in manual mode that this needs to be shot in then?  I thought the exposure would change in each shot regardless of this?  (sorry - I don't have much 'proper' photographic experience).

Also re. metering, is there a preference for Center-Weighted, Spot or Partial metering?

Thanks

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-02
Most of the time I use "center weighted average metering", because the exposure metering is sampled at the center and then averaged across the entire scene.
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com