panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-24

Stitching Tilted in PW5.0

I have heard several times that one can do a 3 shot pano and by tilting the  camera up 5deg you don't need a zenith shot.  I have tryed this but can not get it to stich right in PW5.0.  Is there a setting I have wrong? 

I am using canon 1ds Mark II and sigma 8 3.5 lens. I'm using the Agnos MrotatorTAS.  I'm shooting 3 shots. I have tryed the 5 deg tilt but can't get pano weiver 5.0 to stitch correctly unless it's perfectly level.  If I tilt up it misaligns some of the floor.  I can get flawless stitches out of PTgui 7.2 using the same pictures tho. 

RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-24

Hi,  yes we were talking about tilt up on an Agnos RingT panorama head bracket.  This is suitable for fisheye images only.  We will be the first to agree that knowing exactly where visually 5 degress is measured.  The Agnos pan head does not have measurement markings on its pan head.

I am on Agnos's Mrotator page looking for "MrotatorTAS" Kit MrotatorT with bracket for Cylindrical "landscape" Standard panoramic images.  This pan head works only for cylinder with the camera Landscape orientation  not portrait camera orientation and spherical panoramas.

So this advice will not help you.

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W962570500000754739561668799&v_categ_lista=PR001-00007&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORTAS&v_vai_primo_art=SI

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-25

Hello Jemesot,

If I am correct on your camera it has a full 35mm sensor and not the cropped sensor like most DSLR's.  With this setup you do not need to tilt up because you should get a full circular fisheye image.  Do you have the lens cap ring off while you are shooting? This could be cropping your image even with the full sensor but not sure.

Good Luck
TTurner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-25

YES,  sorry,  the Canon 1ds Mark II is a 36 x 24 mm CMOS (full 35 mm frame).  Its a little bit like the 5d.  Should have looked the Mark II up on dpreview before providing comment.

NO TILT required.

Yes,  the Sigma 8mm lens cap is a 2 part device.  1 cap and 1 friction fit ring.  Both must be removed to get the full 180 view.  If you do not remove the ring you only get 120 field of view.

With my Canon 5d full 35mm sensor,  I still shoot 4 images [habit from using the 20d].  In Panoweaver you CAN select option for stitching 4 barrel type images using full circle images and it will stitch properly. 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-26

Thanks Dave.  I have been shooting 3 shots and tryed 4 shots as well.  With PW5.0 they stitch up great as long as I have the camera level but there is still a small zenith spot that I have to edit out or cap.  I tryed 3 shot with a 5 deg upward tilt got stitching errors on the floor but no zenith on the ceiling.  Using PTgui 7.2 I can get a great stitch with no zenith and the floor is great to.  I was hoping that I have something setup wrong in PW5.0 so I can get the same effect as in PTgui.  I would like to use PW5.0 because I can save the perameter and it's very quick for me to go through a whole shot and stitch.

RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com