panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-10-07

While it might not be exactly correct.. I have found that the video card refresh rate and/or the cpu speed seems to have an affect on the rotation speed.  Faster the CPU/Video refresh rate the faster the panorama rotation speed regardless of value specified.

ie.. Iam using a 2.6ghz CPU and a value of .2 seems a nice graceful speed to see the panorama with out getting whip lash.  While my client with a definately slower CPU speed complained it was not rotating FAST enough.  So we set their rotation to .3 and they were satisfied.

I would suspect we should try an aim at a mid range speed  like .2 for faster CPU's and .3 or .4 for slower CPU's . Gotta keep everyone happy.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-10-07
Hmmmmm... Have you thought about detecting the OS and presenting different versions to different OS's?  Maybe give Win2000, XP and ME users .2 and others a .3 or .4.  The idea being that the newer operating systems are going to be newer/faster computers more often than older operating systems are.  Just a thought. May be more trouble than it's worth.
- Scott
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-10-07

Hi,

there is an easy way to identify the values for pan, tilt and fov if you publish your panoramas for PTViewer (cylindrical and spherical, it does not work for QuickTime panoramas):

Stitch your panorama, then go to file > publish panorama. Adjust size of viewer window in the settings dialog but do not change the values for pan, tilt and fov yet. Activate preview in browser. Once your panorama is shown in the browser, drag the panorama to the position you want as the initial view, then zoom in or out to the fov as you like. Click Alt v. Now you will see at the lower left edge of the browser window the values for pan, tilt and fov of your panorama as you have set it manually. Write the values down and close the browser window. Again file>publish panorama. In the settings dialog you can now enter your pan, tilt and fov values, and your applet parameters will be set accordingly. Click OK to view the panorama in the browser preview and save or copy the applet parameters into the clipboard to add them to the html code of your website.

I hope my explanation was clear enough to understand. Sorry, but my English is rather limited concerning these technical matters.

Regards

Holger

Holger Schulz, photoaround
http://www.photoaround.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-10-09

A quick note on Kaidan detent rings.

Think ahead a little and consider getting a 12 detent ring - that way, it covers most combinations you might need. 120 degrees is just 4 clicks etc.

Neill W

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-10-09

Thanks Neill. I'll definitely do that when the time comes.

I'm puting the purchase on hold for a while. I think I'll wait until I can buy a new camera too.

Funny thing is, my existing set 2-position iPix is actually working fine for 3-image panos. I just drew two marks on using a white marker.  Not the sexiest solution, and could be problematic in one of these 30-room shooting frenzies I go on, but so far the stitching has been perfect.

- Scott
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-10-09
Quote: Originally posted by ciconia on October-07-2003

Hi,

there is an easy way to identify the values for pan, tilt and fov if you publish your panoramas for PTViewer (cylindrical and spherical, it does not work for QuickTime panoramas):

Stitch your panorama, then go to file > publish panorama. Adjust size of viewer window in the settings dialog but do not change the values for pan, tilt and fov yet. Activate preview in browser. Once your panorama is shown in the browser, drag the panorama to the position you want as the initial view, then zoom in or out to the fov as you like. Click Alt v. Now you will see at the lower left edge of the browser window the values for pan, tilt and fov of your panorama as you have set it manually. Write the values down and close the browser window. Again file>publish panorama. In the settings dialog you can now enter your pan, tilt and fov values, and your applet parameters will be set accordingly. Click OK to view the panorama in the browser preview and save or copy the applet parameters into the clipboard to add them to the html code of your website.

I hope my explanation was clear enough to understand. Sorry, but my English is rather limited concerning these technical matters.

Regards

Holger

Nice tip Holger,

This is one I did not know.

Thanks and regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-10-15
Hey Guys.

This may have been discussed already...
I am also a newbie to scripter and was wondering if there is a way to change the starting location of the pan? For example..
You create a pan of a bedroom and when you preview, it starts at the dresser and not the bed. Can you adjust it to begin at the bed? If so, is that a simple adjustment of numbers?

Thanks for any help.

Matt R.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-10-18

Hi Matt,

Visit this site for all the scripting needs and questions you may have about scripting.

http://users2.ev1.net/~wufdog/PT/index.htm

Regards, Smooth