panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-09

SmartBlend with 4 + T

Hi!

How to use SmartBlend Plugin with 4+T or 4+T+B panorama?

Hardware: Canon 20d + Sigma 8mm F4 --- Software: Panoweaver 5
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-09-10

In exactly the same way you use with any other amount of images.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-11

We actually got some good panoweaver5 blending results with this SmartBlend plug in.

4 images around horizon ACR RAW to TIF to adjust for CA, stitched results produced medium dark to gray white vertical seams.  Told PW5 to use smartblend as default blender.. and when PW5 image completing the stitch.. earlier seams were blended a lot better, in that the hard shaded seams were gone.

http://smartblend.panotools.info/  

look for and download smartblend_1_2_5.zip"   Put it in your favorite folder.  Then in that folder extract the 13 small files.  1 of the files is called smartblend.exe.

In PW5  click TOOLS | Adanced Settings click the /Plugins\ tab.

In the location of smartblend.exe  click the small folder icon on te right and path to where you put smartblend.exe

Mine is located

C:\Program Files\easypano\smartblend\smartblend.exe

In the Command line parameters:  put -v -w

-v means verbose  so it will display a dos box and show you the blending progress

-w I think means blend across the wrap around seam on the far right/left side of the image.

Then of course put a [x] Use this as the default blender in order for it to work.

Short explanation:  Panoweaver 5 is the graphical user interface for the plugin.    http://www.qtvr.nm.ru/smartblend_en.htm

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-12

"I use -MinSize 2 -TSmooth 8 -WrapMode 1 in Command Line Parameters to stitch above images. You can refer to readme.txt accompanying with Smartblend and choose the parameters which are suitable to your images."

The above quote can be found here.

Also there is a whole thread on this topic.

I just used these settings this morning and worked like a champ.  I did not upload to server, hope to this evening.  I'll post a link when available.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-12

Ahhh yes.  Seems so long ago, I had forgotten about that thread. 

Are we having fun yet

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com