panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-05

Model release

Do you generally use model release forms for any images you shoot where people are standing close by? I know this is standard practice in general professional photography. 
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-03
In Germany the general rule is that if people were taken in a normal non-controled environment and they were not specifically being photographed ... well then it's just dandy. Even if it mean a couple are up to no good...teehee
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-06
I regularly shoot stills and VTs for publication and Internet in city buildings and streets. I never use model release forms for this work. My understanding is that as long as you do not portray someone in a bad light no offence has been committed. As a matter of courtesy I might ask the person or warn them that they are in the shot if they are watching me.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-06

Yes Simon,  that is a good approach.

When we take images at resorts.. I always have the hotel manager with us.  He makes the announcements... then anyone not wanting to be in the panorama.. usually just turns away for a few seconds while the images are taken.

Worst case scenario:  The couple sitting at the table over there... is that really his wife??  OR her husband??  Who knows.. but its is good to be courteous.  Then everyone wins.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-06

I see. Thank you for your responses. I was asking because I'd have to take some shoots for a site and the images where going to be used over and over again in advertisements and other company publications so we had to dig for a model release.  In the case of VRTs I was wondering. 

Dave, commenting your worst case scenario... I guess it is important to warn people for obvious reasons. LOL.

Take care and regards from Alaska