panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-21

A quick poll about selling images

I wanted to take a quick poll (pardon if this seems like a basic question);

Do people sell spherical virtual tour images produced with Panoweaver to customers in the US?

If so, have thay encountered any problems in doing so? Patents?

Thanks for your time!

Vince

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-23

I noticed that alot of folks are reading your comment but so far no one has stepped up and made a comment.

I can tell by looking at your forum profile, no email, no country, or web page.

Are you wanting to take and sell spherical panoramas in the US??

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-23

i guess if you use panoweaver 3 shot system there's no problem.

how does somebody know what software you used for stitching?

ipix and panoweaver produced similiar results, so there's no way of telling.

check the iseemedia forum for answers to this question. you will find this

topic has been mentioned a lot there.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-11-24

Thanks,  you are correct.  This type of topic usually gets thoroughly discussed... even with a lot of cross posting between forums.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-04
Maybe Vince97 is an evil Ipox mole who wants to lure unsuspecting US stichers into financial (I'll sue the pants of of you and your customers) doom. Are u Vince???
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-04

No, not even close. I'm just another working stiff in the Midwest. I want to expand into the "virtual" world and wanted to know who else is doing these types of pics. I love this software and want to get more out of it.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-04
I didn't realize how taboo this subject was. Sorry if this post seemed offensive to anyone.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-04

hey vince,

there's no problem. not offensive to me at least. the thing is that this topic has been covered and must here have voiced their opinion. go the link below -you will find some answers to your questions. also...you can go to www.iseemedia.com and explore the forum there.

cheers mate!

http://www.easypano.com/forum/search.asp?search=ipix+patent&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=1&searchSort=dateDESC&Submit=Start+Search

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-05

Hi Vince... if it makes you feel any better... I've also had a rant on this forum over the legal aspects and the lack of Easypano response. Easypano won't make a statement towards this issue for whatever reason you feel comfortable with. But so what... many guys still use the panotools software as well which was "banned" by ipox... or at least the developer just had enough of the hassle. The panotools spheres are sold everywhere... even in the states... The whole Ipox b*llsh*t about their patents and the odd bit of legal weight throwing has so far not effected other sites or their content using non-ipox spheres... If u want to be really really really sure about not getting grief then just publish in QTVR format and be done with it. Enjoy Panoweaver and have fun with this great product.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-12-05

We are not bias, we all hate "ipox" equally! LOL

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-05
Interesting, IPIX has joined openpanorama.org !!
The site seems to be down at the moment, this is a project started from Mathieu Villegas of www.immervision.com.