panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-22

Getting a still image from a panoramic on

Is there a way to export a high resolution still image from a panoramic image? I shot a bunch of stills and 360s of an apartment. But I neglected to shoot a still of the living room. What I'd like to do is point the "camera" in the desired direction and export out a high resolution image of that view. I could take a screen grab of it, but it wouldn't be high enough resolution. Any ideas?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-22

Hmm had to think abit about your question.

Maybe try this.  Locate 1 of the images that contains your point of interest.  Load this 1 image into PW and tell it to stitch.  What it will probably do is "You can't do that here - not enough images to stitch".  Push the stitch button anyway and see if it will dewarp your 1 image.

I know there is other stitching software that will stitch (dewarp) 1 image.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-22
Hi Emarts

I think I can help you with this one.

You most likely have a stiched panoramic-image at 6000x3000 or higher?
You can then use PTeditor (read about it here: http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=PTEditor)
It is a very easy way to extract a partial view from the panorama.

If you own the old panoweaver 1.3 it also allows you to stitch just one fisheye image. But there will be some distortion in the right and left side of the image.

On some other forum I read this thread http://www.kekus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146
It is a tutorial on how to convert a fish eye image to a normal image.

There is also some other plug-ins and standalone program for this purpose, but I lost it when my computer crashed recently.

Best regards
Morten
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-04-23
Thanks guys. I read in another forum that PTgui will do it too. But I'm not sure I want to spend the money on just this one instance. I think I can go back next week and just re-shoot the room.

Dewarping one image is not going to work as the one fisheye image does not contain the exact view I need -- at least I don't think it does.