panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-05

stitching problem

Hello,

I am setting up a virtual tour business and I have spent the last 3 weeks testing out the different stitching prgrams and I have my choices narrowed down to 3dVista and easypano... I actually like easypano alittle better, just one problem I took some pics of my room and I have some seam errors on them I cannot figure out using panoweaver how to fix them.  Could give me a nudge in the right direction as to how I could fix these seam errors?  The errors are at the entry door and above the closet door.

The pano is at:  http://360viewpix.com/preview.html

and the spheres are at:
they are kinda big 800KB each

http://360viewpix.com/000000000000_55.JPG
http://360viewpix.com/000000000000_56.JPG
http://360viewpix.com/000000000000_57.JPG

Thanks alot

Robert

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-05

Hi Robert,  Your room looks like my computer office.

I did see the stitch error on your preview.html page. Thanks that cleared up alot of issues by just seeing the panorama. 

While you did not mention which camera you used, or if you used a panorama head I was able to learn a bit about your images by downloading them.

I looked at the three images using Photoshop7.  The are 2560 wide x 1920 high.  PS7 said they reported that they were 14.1mb, 72ppi 8bit color depth .bmps.  That means that they were probably images NOT directly from your camera.

I did take them into Panoweaver 3.01

Performed a 3 image automatic sitch and found that the errors were the same in your preview.html.

After the automatic stitch... I clicked on Manual Stitch and used the following correcting values to successfully get a good stitch.  You might write these settings down and try to replicate the manual stitch:

FOV 192.2 affects all 3 images

For images 1, 2, 3

Yaw  2 , 1.4, 1.8

Pitch 0.4, -0.2, 1

Roll -1, -0.6, +0.6

Blending = 15

After you key in the above values for each image, restitch and save out as a .bmp panorama.

By the way, I did get a clean stitch this time.

It also appears that you found the correct nodal point.  Also you might not have leveled up on each of the three single images which would account for the small bit of roll, pitch and Yaw corrections.

Hope this helps

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-05

Thanks... you are awesome..

The missing info is this: CoolPix 5000, Kaiden QuickPan 3 CS

I took the images from the camera into panoweaver, stitched, loaded stitched image into paint shop pro and used the unsharpen Mask on it.

I don't have the micro leveler, but I am ordering it after I type this email.  Also I am ordering panoweaver as well.  Thanks for the info.

BTW, how did you figure out what setting to tweak to fiz the seam errors, is it just trial and error, or is there a method to this madness.

Thanks Again,

Robert

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2003-12-05

Hello Robert,

If you use a Kaidan Quick Tilt Leveller and the Kaidan Quickpan Panohead you should not run into this problem again. Also you must be sure that your tripod is not flexing or moving between shots.

If you get these items and set the camera up correctly (nodal point etc) you should not need to do any manual stitching modifications at all.

Welcome to the easypano way!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2003-12-06

Hmmm good question.. how did I figure out those settings.

First clue came from your first panorama.  The stitch error was in the top 30% of the image height.  Thats a key that the Field of View value might be causing the issue.  So while in the manual stitch mode.. I ran the FOV up to 193 and back down to 180 and decided that the image seemed to self correct at 192.2.  So I left it at that value.

The rest of the values were determined by minor changes and viewing the 3 vertical seam panels.  After 10 minutes of tweaking....  the image started to come together well enough.. so I wrote down the values and posted them here for you to see... 

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com