panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Stitching problems

Hello out there,

i think i have an problem with stitching my pictures. I use Panoweaver with smartblend and got nearly always the same problem.

I use a Canon 40D with Sigma 8mm F4 Fisheye and i took the gold Ring as nodal point. I took 4 pictures for each 90  and one for B and T.

I hope that someone can give me a hint.

Please tahe a look here:

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Gold ring location is only the STARTING point for refining the no parallel point.  It might be 1 or 2 mm forward or behind the gold ring.

Arggg  YES I said 1 or 2 millimeter, to successfully removing the parallax from your images.

You mentioned the D40 and Sigma 8,  but what panorama bracket and ball head are you using?

You also have significant parallax issues in the ceiling tile grid.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Hi,

i use the Nodal Ninja 3. I dont know what you mean with panorama bracket and ball head.

I read often that the gold ring is the nodal point at the sigma. This info is wrong, right?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Gimeni_Design, did you happen to look at http://www.nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_3_camera_settings.html to get suggested settings for the NN3.  I just got the NN3 and used the suggested settings for 350d/sigma 8mm combo and it was dead on for me. (As far as I know, anyway)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Interesting.. Nodal Ninja 3 {panorama bracket} no parallax points are measured in 1/2 millimeter values like upper rail 89.5 millimeter for the Sigma 8 f 3.5

I think 1/2 mm is as close as your going to get - aim for the middle between the 2 small white lines

Ball head is the device between the top of your tripod and under the rotator base and panorama bracket... allowing you to manually level the pan head NN3 with out having to adjust the tripod legs.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Hi,

hm, i dindt have an ball head on my manfrotto tripod. I think it could be useful. Tomorror i will try some settings to get the best results for my panos. Thank you very much so far.

Best regards

Gimei

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Question,

With a white ceiling and tripod cap why is there a need for a B + T shot anyway?  A white ceiling is easy to clone out and then you have less pictures to take and process and throw in the mix.

Just my thoughts...
TTurner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19
Quote: Originally posted by Gimei_Design on May-19-2008

Hi,

hm, i dindt have an ball head on my manfrotto tripod. I think it could be useful.

Best regards

Gimei

Hey Gimei Design,

I use a joystick head that makes for quick leveling while doing pano work. Just wanted to share there are several different types of heads out there.

pixel
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

I think the concept of a full sphere panorama is to allow the visitor to decide for themselves what is important to see. 

Often there are objects in the ceiling area of no particular interest to the Creative Director,  that are interesting by the client  -- customer.

The photographer and the images they capture cost the client money and do not add any value to the clients product. 

The clients product and prospective buying customers are the most important aspect of the transaction.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

Hi Dave,

I don't understand what your last statement has to do with stitching errors.  I thought that was the topic of this thread.  Please explain further for those of us that have missed your message.

TTurner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-05-19

I agree.  last topic was stitching errors in T&B.  Not sure how your comment works with stitching errors.  But then both of us are off topic.

"Question,

With a white ceiling and tripod cap why is there a need for a B + T shot anyway?  A white ceiling is easy to clone out and then you have less pictures to take and process and throw in the mix.

Just my thoughts...
TTurner"

Ok back on topic - stitching errors are caused by the lack of finding the "no parallax point"  a task that Gimei_Design needs to reconcile before going forward.

Gemei needs to determine which camera is close to theirs.. probably our report on  AGNOS TCP Short and Canon 20d and see if this helps finding his No Parallax point in his work flow.

The pan head and camera are not the same but the work flow technique is the same.

http://360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com