panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-12

Thank you so much realtor Jerry for all of the advice.  I will start there.  You have no idea how much I appreciate it.  I will let you know how it goes. 

Also thank you for the warm welcome Martin and the email.  Both of you have already been a GREAT help.  Thanks guys!

360virtuals.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-13
Some different advise.

Be as respectful of your business as you were your former employers. Sure you are at home, but you are also at work. If you would not have sat around and talked about family stuff at your 9 to 5, don't do it now.

Make sure friends and family treat your new job just like the old one.
A lot of people think that you can spend all day chatting or just hanging out because you work from home. Nip that in the bud.

Respect each others tasks.
Don't go second guessing each other or "back seat driving."

And this should be a rule for ALL marriages,
When the lights go out, you both are only allowed to talk about the days victories -

"That tour turned out great"
"I'm so happy about our new client"
"You handled that problem wonderfully"

If it doesn't sound like one of those examples, it will wait until after breakfast the next morning.

I would be lost with out my wife.
And we have had to face, and overcome, all of those issues.

And one last thing just remember -
"The only thing worse then working for your self is working for someone else."

Welcome aboard
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-13

Welcome Mrs pixel,

I wish you an Pixelator all very best with your venture.

The best piece of advise I can offer and not to undersell your product, service or most importantly yourself.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-13

Great advice Vince and Smooth.  I agree with you Vince on giving it everything I did at my previous job.  I came from a very fast paced environment and am a  results-oriented person.  Sitting around chatting with friends and family over the phone was never my thing even when I was home.   

Thank you for the advice on not to undersell the product and service Smooth.  Pixel has been working on repricing.   I remember looking at your work years ago when Pixel 1st started this adventure.  We were planning a trip and saw your work at the resort.  I surely admire it! 

Sincerely,

Mrs. Pixel 

360virtuals.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-08-14

Here is a tip for you:

Go to www.vistaprint.com (or others) and order FREE business cards and hand them out to all and sundry.

Better still, print double sided and on one side write: "Bet you wish you could sell your home/property faster?"

On the opposite side have clear contact info and brief message on how you can help. Make this side like a normal business card.

Once you have them (the cards), drop them into the letter box of every house you ever see for sale. Even offer a FREE demo CD and/or a discount for those who contact you from these cards. Then back this up with a polite phone call after a couple of days of the demo CD delivery.

My policy is to target the "customer" NOT THE REAL ESTATE BROKER it's the customer who really wants to sell. They need the cash to get on with their life - move on - buy another property - pay out the bank etc. If they feel that there is a chance to sell faster or get their full asking price because of your services and it's going to cost them only "X" of money your half way home. Trying to get this sales pitch via a real estate agent/broker is like Chinese whispers. You have no idea what the "customer" is told and if you did you would be horrified and how mangled the original sales message became.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14
Great advice for the Pixels Smooth. Unfortunately I can't do that being a Realtor.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-14
Also, in the U.S., the "letter box" is officially property of the U.S. Postal Service. You can get in big trouble for putting advertisements in it that have not been mailed. Best to stick your card on the door, or invest in door hangers.
Vince
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-09-12

Hi Jerry,

The ecard is a function of the VR Guild platform.  It is sent out as a email that the realtor can forward to prospects.  I set up a template in the system for each agent and for each new property it works off of that template.

If you want more info email me and I will respond off list.

tommy at turnerimaging.com

TTurner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-15

Great idea Smooth!  We could always put it in the paper box below the mailbox.  We receive a lot of advertisement that way.   I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

360virtuals.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-15
At the price of gas today I think a stamp would be cheaper than taking it to the house our business, unless you plan on hand delivering it.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!