panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-19

stitching comes up black

Hey everyone, I just got Panoweaver 5 and I am trying to test it out. I am using a Nikon D70 with a Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye Lense on a nodal ninja tripod mount.

I am taking 6 images at 60degrees and a top and bottom shot. Is this what I should be taking for a panorama?

When I select open image, I select a Full Frame Fisheye 6+x (6+T+B) then place the images. When I do a pre-stitch it asks me to match some points which I do on almost all the image pairs. Then when it finishes, the panorama is black. Am I missing something? I have tried it by selecting a Spherical and Cubic Panorama and Web Broadband size.

Am I missing any steps?

Thanks.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-19
Hi ryanf and welcome to the forum. Are you shooting in RAW? If so try converting the Nikon NEF files to Photoshop DNG and try that.
As for the number of shots, 6+T+B is correct. Take the T & B at the 300 degree point. I take 6+T and use a tripod cap.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-19
Hey Jerry thanks for the response. I am shooting in Raw, but when the pictures are uploaded to my computer (through iphoto) they are being saved as jpgs I guess.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-19
Not familiar with iphoto. If you are shooting in raw then they should upload as raw. Check the file extensions when you put them in PW5 and see if they are NEF or JPG.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-20
They are jpgs
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-20

I have never heard anyone talk about this issue with jpg's. It has been known to happen with some raw files that PW5 does not support.
Maybe someone else can provide some help.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-02
Just wanted to echo the issue with stitching returning all black pano. Ive been working with nothing but .jpgs for last three months and and still get this problem randomly. I havn't been able to pin down any pattern, but after an hour of photo-shopping for exposure and then "hand" stitching ... it can be heart wrenching.

Jay in Chicago
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-03

Jay,  I also have a client who uses a Mac  and iphoto to transfer the images from camera to computer.  For some reason iphoto converts the raw images straight to .jpg (as a convenience I guess) after it gets on her Mac computer.

Your camera is a Nikon D70.  Remove the compact flash card and insert it directly into the CF card reader.  Now the CF card reader acts like a typical drive  eg  f:\ drive.  Using your files and folders  Explorer  browse to the f:\ drive and select ALL files drag and drop them to your internal hard drive folder.    [Do not use iPhoto ]   Now open Photoshop  and navigate to the folder with the .NEF files and select the 6 images and Photoshop should automatically recognise they are raw  and will open Adobe Camera Raw Converter.  You can save the image set out to  the files to be stitched with Panoweaver.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-09
I apologize, I was probably unclear when I previously responded. I'm using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. I use a compact flash card and read the images directly into my computer using an external card reader. I'm not using iPhoto and the images are always in a .jpg format. 90% of the time no issue, but just sometimes - the iamges seem as if they're going to stich together without incident, until I see the out put, and all I get is an all black image.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-09
PROBLEM SOLVED: After spending some time with customer support (very helpful - TY!) we realized the issue. Pictures should be in order to provide for a clockwise rotation. Once I reordered the photos - no problem!