panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-22

Stitching Problems - Ceiling / Floor

I have not changed the way that I shoot...and for whatever reason, the majority of my panos are not matching up at the ceiling and floor.  It is most noticable on door frames, exposed beams, etc.  I have restored my advanced settings to default in the program and nothing seems to be working.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have even tried matching the points (way over the standard 3) manually - and that is not even helping.  Any ideas?  Thank you.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-08-22

I have the same issue with the ceiling sometimes. When I add matching points I always remove the ones that PW5 put in. I have found that sometimes theirs are way off and if you don't remove them it will never stitch correctly. And if it's a ceiling issue and there are no points I can find I will just go into each around scene and double check the stitching points and add as many as I can. I find that by adding a lot of "known good" points it will stitch with little or no points on the ceiling.
Hope this makes sense.

Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!