panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-24

Pangea - How to

Hi all,
Just bought an iPhone (love it but it was such an impulse buy...). Anyhoo I've downloaded the free PangeaVR app and its very cool - lots of panos by lots of very skilled people...

Quick  question (I've looked but cant find). How do I become one of those pano posters so people can download my stuff?
Do I need a Mac...got the phone but still refuse to get a mac!
Hope someone can help.

Thanks

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-30
Hmm do not have an iPhone,  yes I have read that PangeaVr does cell phone.. displays of real panoramas.  I am with you.. after all these years the only mac I have owned was an Apple ][.  Go figure.  Now the ][ serves as really great paper weight device.
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-30
Hehe yes...actually the 'new' ones we have in my school are glorified paper weights too...bliidy stupid things if you ask me..anyhoo...theres a pile of photographers featuring their work on the pangeavr download. Just wondered how to get a couple of my best ones on that...
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-31
you have to upload the pano to your website (jpeg) and create a xml which refers to the pano. Let's say you have www.mywebsite.com :
upload you pano to your website
create an xml which refers to the pano
and in pangea on your iphone you can browse www.mywebsite.com/mypano.xml

the procedure is being explained in pangea website
http://www.pangeasoft.net/pano/pangeavr/portfolios.html

if you want to store your pano inside the iphone, get the pro version and it's best to upload it in you iphone using wifi therefore you won't pay for the phone broadband limit. (I am using it on a ipod touch)

otherwise you can be listed as a panophotographer and you have to submit your xml to pangea

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-11-01

Brilliant - I did look at their site but couldn't seem to find that info. Thanks muchly.

F