panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-03

2 Small Issues. Help Please

Well, I took the plunge and purchase a Canon Rebel XS with a Sigma fisheye lens. I'm excited about the VT's but I'm having two little issues.

1. Everything appears to be lined up and level, but when photo 4 stitches back to photo 1, it's always off a noticable fraction.

2. I keep resizing the circle around the image to line them up, but I still keep getting a small black square on the top and bottom.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Discover Myrtle Beach
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-05
Quote: Originally posted by DiscoverMB on February-04-2009

Thanks, smooth. I'm off to try it out. I can't seem to get the PM you sent. There is an error and the page does not exist.

That Paraallax Point seems to be a big issue. When I get the camera in, what I believe is the right position, I see the arm in the shot. It comes into view on the right side of the image. I'll play around and see what I can come up with.

I repost a new shot shortly.

Yes, this forum is partially broken. I have the same issue's with "some" private messages.

It doesn't matter that the panohead shows in the image. Correct NPP is correct regardless. The overlap and blending will deal with the panohead that is in view.

I had sent you a link via PM to a stitched panorama of yours. If you would like to see it let me know and I'll post a link. Or contact me via my blog and send me your email address.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-05
I took a couple and they seem to be getting better. But I haven't tried while still showing the arm in the shot. I'll give it a try. I PM'd my email address to you.
Discover Myrtle Beach
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-06

Well, I tried a few things and I'm getting further with getting this right. Still more to go. Here's a sample:

http://www.discovermyrtlebeach.com/virtual/bestwestern/cottage/bedroom2/_flash/bedroom2.html

There's a couple of issues to work out. Plus, I'm waiting on my registration code from Easy Pano to get rid of their logo.

Discover Myrtle Beach
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-06

Well it looks good so far.

When every I provide constructive comments,  I immediately look at two locations in the panorama.  If those two locations match up then I feel comfortable about the balance of the image.   I look at the zenith UP view and the Nadir down view.  You have covered the Nadir so can not see the tripod head shape.  But the UP image looks like it has a few opportunities. (Smooth can help you here helping you calibrate your camera/lens and panorama head bracket)

In this instance I do not think its a stitching issue.  It might be that your No Parallax point has not yet been located.  This is the lens position in the bracket.  Below is my observation.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-07

Well, it is a vast improvement over your first files.

Showing the up capped tripod would help a lot with suggestions improving your NPP.

It is a case of helping us to help you.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-07
agreed.  need bi directional interation
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-09

Here's a new link to view it. You'll notice that the mismatch at the top as Texas360 first pointed out has been corrected. The bottom is off a tad. All I did was change the fisheye image enclosing.

I'm almost sure I've got the center close to just right. Does resizing the fisheye image enclosing make the image look mismatched?

On a related note, do you recommend more or less matching points?

Discover Myrtle Beach
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-09

No Link?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-10

Really this is not a lot better.

Your NPP is still out. Please take a look at this thread

You really should be able to see a lot more of your panohead. For the sake of the exercise you will need to tilt your camera/lens down a little. Set the fisheye enclosing back to where it came from.

Regards, Smooth