panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-03

1. Really this sounds like a NPP problem. Meaning you have not found the correct position. I can help you with this if you can make a full set of your .jpg images available to me.

2. This is normal with this configuration. Tilting the camera/lens up 5 degrees will close the hole at the zenith/up.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-04

Smooth,

I sent you a PM with a link to the files. Easy Pano's support told me it was due to different exposures of the images and I needed a plug-in called smartblend.

Discover Myrtle Beach
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-02-04

Hi,

There are multiple problems with your images that far exceed what Smartblend has to do with.

Your major problems are as follows:

• (NPP) No Parallax Point/Position is a long way out.
  • Wrong and Mixed Aperture and Exposures.
  • You will never get a decent result with things the way they are at the moment.

Please follow this tutorial for setting the NPP.

Please follow the instruction for shooting in this thread

Basically you cannot use Shutter Priority and you also should not use Aperture Priority. Go completely (M) Manual Mode.

Do not change level (no re-leveling) or any camera settings in any one panorama set of images.

High ISO levels create and add noise/grain to the image.

Auto White Balance gives typically wrong white balance and may change the colour of each image between shots.

The Crop Circle should be set in such a way it is on the edge of the solid black area and the vignetted blur of the actual image. 

Also the advice of tilting the camera/lens 5 degrees up (once you have found the correct NPP) is valid and will close the upper/zenith black hole.

Show me another set of images when you have completed the information provided.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-02-04

Thanks, smooth. I'm off to try it out. I can't seem to get the PM you sent. There is an error and the page does not exist.

That Paraallax Point seems to be a big issue. When I get the camera in, what I believe is the right position, I see the arm in the shot. It comes into view on the right side of the image. I'll play around and see what I can come up with.

I repost a new shot shortly.

Discover Myrtle Beach