panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-20

Rebel xsi, Sigma, Panoweaver Question

I need some help. I am using a canon rebel xsi with a Sigma Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye and a nodel ninja 3 mkII. The software that I am using to stitch is panoweaver 6.0 pro. The problem I am having is, I can't stitch the top and bottom shots. The 4 around do fine, but when it gets to 5 and 6 I get an error message. I have tried everything. I shoot 90 degree increments clockwise 4 around after the 4th shot, I do top and bottom. I have even tried 8 around and top and bottom and still no luck. Is there a trick to shot the top and bottom that I don't know about?

I am shooting in Manual mode
200 iso
f/8
1/15

If anyone is using the same set up or at least is familiar with panoweaver 6.0 pro
, could you please help me?

Thanks

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-20

Your images stitched without too much problems. Your nadir (down) image was 180 out in rotation for Panoweaver and it would have been better if you had got yourself further away.

Anyway I stitched your images in both Panoweaver 5 and Panoweaver 6 without any real problems.

Link to PW5 version

Link to PW6 version

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-20
You must be a very busy person... What did you do? and how come I can't do it? I am using pw6 pro. Also please explian to me what you mean by "Your nadir (down) image was 180 out in rotation for Panoweaver." I took the nadir at the same rotation of shot 4. Should that be different?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-20
Quote: Originally posted by virtualimpact on May-20-2009
You must be a very busy person... What did you do? and how come I can't do it? I am using pw6 pro. Also please explian to me what you mean by "Your nadir (down) image was 180 out in rotation for Panoweaver." I took the nadir at the same rotation of shot 4. Should that be different?
Turn the nadir shot 180 degrees (select it in Panoweaver and rotate it 180 degrees) and add a couple of control points.

Panoweaver requires a minimum of 3 control points on each joining pair.

You can improve your workflow by following us sheep. Get the panohead vertical bar on your right when standing behind the camera. Level at position 1 shoot, rotate to position 2 shoot, rotate to position 3 shoot, rotate position 4 shoot, turn up +90 degrees shoot (whist in position 4) and then down -90 degrees (get out of the way = remote or self timer) and shoot. Import>Stitch>Publish = Job Done.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-20

When you add control points, what do you look for? and how do I do it?

"Get the panohead vertical bar on your right when standing behind the camera."

When I do this, my pictures are upside down and I have to rotate them in panoweaver.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-21

You add control points by finding matching features between image pairs. You place a control point on the left hand image by mouse clicking the exact point and then mouse clicking on the right hand image at the same matching point. Three control points are required as a minimum between images.

Please see this page displaying the correct positioning of camera on a panohead.

Images should not be upside down. Be sure internal camera image rotation is turned off.

Shooting a photo with another camera of your set-up and posting a link here will allow us to confirm that you have things in the right position.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-21

Here is a shot of my set-up. Now with the vertical arm to the right of me as if I were standing behind the camera.

I am going to retake the pictures with my set-up this way and see what happens.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-21

That now appears correct.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-21

Ok... Can you please watch what I did and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks

http://www.virtualimpact360.com/video/pano/pano.html

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-21

First of all you should have rotated the images first within the program and then select "Drum".

Second your fisheye enclosing should meet the edge of the images where the vignetting comes into play.

Third you must assign control points between images 1, 2, 3, or 4 to image 6 this is done by selecting say image 2 in the left and then image 6 on the right. When these are in view add some control points. Once done click the pre-stitch button again.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-21

In reality shooting a nadir shot on the tripod with your combination is pretty useless anyway, as this will in fact make the tripod more imposing.

Better just to add a tripod cap or clone and heal this area away in Photoshop.

Regards, Smooth