panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-22

"Ultimately you will end up shooting 4 around with +7 degrees tilt (up) and stitching these images. The reason should be self explanatory. With this slight tilt up you will totally close the zenith hole/star and thus take the requirement of shooting an up zenith shot out of the equation."

I agree with that, but I just want to make sure that I have NPP set correctly so that the stitching process will be smooth and the end result will be worth it.

Here is another NPP setting. This time 4 around 5 degree down. You will notice the tile looks good except for one spot.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-22

Your vertical arm needs to move to the right a little (maybe less than 1mm) and it looks like you still need to move back some on the upper arm.

Concentrate on the centre circle only (black knob, not the leveler), once you have this right the rest will simply fall into place.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-22

I think I'm getting closer... Do you think I need to move some more back on the upper arm?

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-23

Most definitely on the improve.

It is simply a case of trial and error. Shoot another set with the camera 1mm further back and compare and keep doing so until you get it (the circle and stitch) as best as you possibly can.

As you can see you do not have a very good circular shape just yet.

It is a good idea to keep your screen captures and name them the upper and lover rail numbers. I.E: L48xU93.jpg etc as an easy reference.

Looking at your last shot it is clear there is still room for improvement. That said, you should really finding it much easier for your images to stitch when compared with previous your attempts.

Keep at it you are well on your way.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-05-24

Ok.. Here is where I am stuck... If I move back on the upper arm the hole in the middle get's bigger, if I move forward the hole get's bigger.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-05-24

This is your best result to date.

But yes, it still needs to go back somewhat. Why do you care if the hole in the middle gets bigger? It is of no importance at all. Did you take another look at my tutorial? You will see quite large holes showing there.

Once it looks like the top of your panohead you will pretty much be on the money.

Here is another shot from one of my set-ups when I was beta testing a panohead.

It should be noted yours will look somewhat different because this was shot with a full frame lens (6 around) not a circular fisheye (4 around) like yours but the actual "knob" should look the same when you have it right. (Hole size could very well vary!)

Regards, Smooth